"I'm sure Alice packed you skimpy underwear— I know because she did the same to me," Christina started. "Try wearing something sexy."

"Okay, I'll try that. Thanks Christina."

The young mother hung up the phone as they both said their goodbyes before flopping back onto the bed. She turned her head towards Carlisle, who was smirking back at her. She narrowed her eyes, pointing a finger in his face. "Talk to your son."

She flipped out of bed, not caring that her bare skin was showing as she walked towards the bathroom to take a shower. She heard a growl come from Carlisle as she disappeared from his view. Before she could close the bathroom door all the way, Carlisle squeezed through. She screamed out in laughter as Carlisle picked her up and carried her into the shower to finish their morning activities.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

"Did you talk to him?" Christina asked as she walked back into their shared room, fully dressed. She rubbed a soft towel in her hair, trying to dry it slightly.

"He's stubborn," Carlisle answered. "He's convinced he's going to hurt her again, and is scared of losing control of himself."

"Losing control is the best part," Christina winked, watching golden hues turn darker at her insinuation.

Carlisle brought her in for another heated kiss— one of many that they shared this morning. He pulled away as he rubbed his nose against hers. "I have something for you."

She hummed out an answer. She kept her eyes closed until she felt cool metal against her neck. She peaked downward to see a necklace resting on her chest. She slowly lifted it up, immediately recognizing it to be a pendent. "A family crest," she mumbled, looking at the lion in the middle.

"Our family crest," he corrected.

"But isn't this yours?" She asked, looking up at him, now noticing that his necklace wasn't placed around his neck.

He held up his right hand, showing off the crested ring instead. "I have a backup."

Christina leaned up on her toes, giving him a sweet kiss as gratitude. "Thank you. I love it."

"I'm glad," he whispered against her lips.

He lingered his lips on her own, restarting the fire in her stomach as they deepened the kiss. She allowed him to pick her up, wrapping her legs around his waist for easy access. She played with the hair at the nape of his neck, melting at the slight purr in the back of his throat from her affections.

She would never be able to get enough of Carlisle. Everything about him was calling her to him. His scent calmed her in her most anxious days. His voice soothed her when she was sad. The taste of his lips excited her more than any other person she's kissed. She should have been scared on how much she relied on Carlisle to help get her through the day— but she wasn't.

She accepted the fact that Carlisle was a big part of her life.

They broke apart, taking in the air they didn't need as Carlisle walked back to the bed. He laid her down, easing his body weight on her. She ran her fingers through his blond hair, getting another purr from the back of his throat. He nestled her neck, running his nose along her jaw and into her hair.