Chapter 12

Betty's PoV
I ran inside slammed the door and slid my back down it and hugged my knees crying.It felt like someone had just ripped my heart out Jughead was right though I had changed I needed to quit the drinking and the smoking.Days went by and it started getting easier to not smoke and stuff.I went to school and dressed in my good girl clothes with a ponytail I felt better normal it was nice maybe it was for the better I thought to myself.I still cried myself to sleep and wished he was there with me to cradle me in his arms but he wasn't.
1 week later
I woke up and realised it was Friday so I just danced around my room singing stupid songs anything to make me feel better and not cry.Then I saw Jughead watching me he smiled and waved I started crying shut the curtains and went back to bed.Then Alice called me down for breakfast.
A-Whats wrong bub?
She said as I sat down she always uses the word bub when one of us is upset.
B-Just Jughead I still miss him so much.
A-I know I'm sorry baby you'll be fine I promise.
B-Do you think we'll get back together?
A-Honestly no you guys are nothing alike.
B-I love him though.
She nodded and smiled.I got dressed and then headed to school.Once I got there I saw Jughead making out with Veronica Lodge my best friend Veronica Lodge.She noticed me I just rolled my eyes and ran to the girls bathroom she ran in after me.
B-Why would you do that you know I love him.God Veronica I can't believe you've done this to me you bitch!
I grabbed a bar of soap and threw it at her head it might sound ridiculous but I was so pissed.
V-You knew I liked him before you went out with him.
B-Veronica that man out there he saved my life and I love him for it.You can't just do that oh my god I hate you,I hate you,I fucking hate you Veronica! He is my world Veronica can't you just let me have one thing.
I grabbed my bag and left.Then I went over to Jughead and just slapped him.
B-You dickhead!
J-Wait Betty!
B-Don't talk to me.I...just thought you were different to all the others but your just the same.
I said as I started tearing up I decided to go home sick because I just couldn't deal with all of that.I went home and looked around my aunt wasn't there Polly wasn't there or Chick but I could hear someone.
B-Hello.
I assumed I was just hearing things and then I went to my bedroom and Jughead was throwing rocks at my window.I opened the window and looked over to him sitting in his bedroom.
B-I would ask what do you want? But first why have you got rocks in your bedroom?
He chuckled and shrugged.
B-Now what do you want?
I said in a serious sharp tone.
J-I'm sorry I know Veronica is your best friend but I really like her.
B-Okay but I have to ask.Do you still love me?
J-Yes of course.
I wiped a tear away with my finger.
B-Do you ever miss it?Waking up in the morning and we would just cuddle when we would just stay up and talk for hours.Just the way we would look at each other sorry I just miss it.I...I just I.
I couldn't get my words out I just ended up looking down and crying.
J-This was for the better.
B-Yeah but it's not if it was then I wouldn't be crying myself to sleep every night and wishing you were there.Sorry it's just...I just...I.
I tried to get my words out but I just couldn't get the words out I started crying my eyes out.
B-Why did you do this to me you broke me?!
J-I know and I'm sorry.
B-Then why can't we just be together?
J-I don't know.It's just to complicated.
I slammed my window shut and gave him the finger crawled back into bed and just sobbed.Then there was a knock at the door I assumed it was Polly so I answered it.
J-Hey.