Prologue

*No POV*

Today was a big day for Y/N, it was his little brother Tommy's birthday, and Y/N knew exactly what to get for him.

You see, Tommy always wanted a Buddi. Buddi was a smart toy released by the company Kaslan. The Buddi toys were expensive, but Y/N would do anything for his brother.

*Y/N POV*

It was 7:00 and I was at the store with my girlfriend Gwen Stacy, trying to find a Buddi for my little brother.

Y/N: "Come on, where is it? Where is it??"

Gwen: "Uh, Y/N?"

Y/ N: "Yea?"

Gwen: "The Buddis are right there."

I look to where Gwen was pointing to lo and behold, the Buddis are right in front of me.

Y/N: "We looked through this isle like three times how did I miss it??"

Gwen giggled while I picked up a random box, since all of the buddies look the same, cheerful smile, blue eyes, and red hair.

Me and Gwen walk up to the counter to pay for it. Gwen turns to me and asks...

Gwen: "Did you bring your guitar?"

Y/N: "Yup. I put it in the back of the car."

I pay for the toy, then Gwen and I make our way to the car, I went to the trunk and pulled out some wrapping paper. Gwen giggles once again and says...

Gwen: "Do you always keep wrapping paper in the trunk?"

I turn to Gwen and say...

Y/N: "Come on, I want this to be special for him."

Gwen: "I'm sure it will be."

Y/N: "Really? You think so?"

Gwen: "Positive."

I walk over to Gwen, wrapping paper still in my hand. I swing my arms around her waist and pull her close to me. Gwen reaches her arms around my neck and we share a short but sweet kiss. After we pull apart I say...

Y/N: "Thanks babe."

I then started wrapping the box. After wrapping the box I put the wrapping paper back in the trunk. Gwen and I get inside the car and make our way to the hospital.

Once me and Gwen made it to the hospital, I took my guitar from the back seat of the car and we went inside.

I walked up to the front desk where there was a woman sitting, typing something on her computer.

Woman: "Hello."

Y/N: "Hi, I'm here to visit Tommy L/N."

Woman: "Okay. Sorry but I always have to ask this, are you related to him in anyway?

Y/N: "Yes, he is my little brother."

Woman: "Okay, he is in room 118."

Y/N: "Thank you."

Once me and Gwen reach Tommy's room, I stop before I go inside.

Gwen: "You ready?"

I take a deep breath and say...

Y/N: "Yea."

Me and Gwen then walk inside and see Tommy laying in the hospital bed. Tommy looks at us and smiles.

Tommy: "Hey bro. Hi Gwen."

Y/N: "Hey Tommy."

I say with a small smile across my face.

Gwen: "Hey there buddy."

Y/N: "I got something for you."

Tommy, now with a bigger smile than before says...

Tommy: "Really??"

I give Tommy the wrapped Buddi, and he opens it. He then gasps in disbelief.

Tommy: "No way!"

Me and Gwen both laugh as Tommy practically rips open the box, somehow not pulling the doll's hair out.

Tommy: "Thankyouthankyouthankyou Thank you!"

Tommy says as he reaches his arms out, trying to give me a hug. I walk over and hug him, and he hugs back.

Y/N: "You're welcome buddy."

Y/N: "You wanna try it out?"

Tommy: "Yea!"

I read the instructions and find out that I have to download an app and then plug my phone into the buddi, so I do just that. After the doll connects, it turns on...

Buddi: "Hi! Are you my best buddy?"

The doll then scans Tommy's face, which I thought was weird.

Tommy stares at the doll with amazement in his eyes.

Tommy: "Yes."

Buddi: "What's your name?"

Tommy: "Tommy."

Buddi: "Hi Tommy. What's my name?"

Tommy thought for a bit, then he looked at me. He turned his attention back to the doll and said...

Tommy: "Y/N."

Buddi: "Did you say Y/N? I like that name. I'm Y/N."

Gwen: "Awwwww."

Tommy reaches out once again. I hug him

Tommy: "Thank you so much!"

Y/N: "You're welcome."

I say with a big smile.

A man walks into the room and looks at me and Gwen.

Man: "Visiting hours are over."

Y/N: "Can we please have two more minutes?"

The man looks at Tommy, then looks back at me and Gwen with a small smile.

Man: "Sure."

Y/N: "Thank you."

The man then walks out of the room, closing the door behind him."

I turn to Tommy and say...

Y/N: "You want me to sing you a song before I go?"

Tommy nods his head.

I then take my guitar out of its case and start to play it while singing.

(Play song at the top)

After I finish the song I put the guitar back in it's case and hug Tommy one final time, Gwen hugs Tommy as well. Me and Gwen wave goodbye as we walk out of the room while Tommy sleeps right next to the doll.

Me and Gwen walk out of the hospital and get back in the car.

Gwen turns to me and kisses my cheek. I turn to her and smile. I started the car and drove Gwen home.