Where Do Monsters Come From?

It had been a few days since Louis had last seen Harry. His house felt quieter and colder than usual, and his days seemed darker and more boring. It didn't help that he hadn't had a soul in weeks, and he felt utterly ill.
The thing is, he had picked up on a few scents, but he couldn't bring himself to hunt. As annoying as it was, being around Harry made Louis feel even worse about drinking souls. He didn't want to be like that, didn't want Harry to be around someone like that.
At the moment, he was getting dressed and dreading going to work. He liked his job just fine, but while he used to stand for hours with no problem, now he spent that time thinking of Harry Harry Harry.
He was truly pathetic at this point. He would pick up a phone and call him, but he didn't have his phone number. Of course, he could go to his house or the bakery, but that seemed stalkerish. For the first time in his life, he was trying not to follow someone.

It was a few hours into work when Louis accepted the fact that he was going insane. He had been moping about, uninterested in flirting with anyone or picking out the (rare) pure souls, when his eyes locked on a gangly figure in line. They were sporting the same curly mane that Harry had, but they were too far for Louis to identify.
His stomach did flips as he let people through while simultaneously keeping an eye on the curly shadow. It couldn't possibly be him, could it? Thankfully he didn't seem to be there with anyone.
He was just about done arguing with a particularly whiny human about whether they could come in or not when he heard a familiar laugh. His eyes snapped up to meet a grinning Harry, light dancing in his eyes.
"Hi Lou," that breathy voice always caught Louis by the vocal cords. But it was more than the voice that left him speechless this time. Harry's eyes were underlined with turquoise eyeliner and his lips were glittery. His nails were painted and he was wearing a purple, long sleeved fishnet top with a black leather vest and matching trousers.
Louis could feel all the blood rush from his face and go...elsewhere. "W-wow. Hi? What on earth are you wearing?" He asked, looking Harry up and down incredulously.
"Do you like it?" Harry bit his sparky lip and swayed side to side for maximum effect.
"Like it... I love it." Louis sorted himself, clearing his throat. "Why are you here?"
"I couldn't stay away... I missed you, Louis. I would've called but... please let me in. Maybe if you can catch a break, we could dance together or something?" Harry's face was so sweet, it could rot Louis' teeth out.
He sighed, "Okay, okay. Watch yourself in there, yeah?" He reluctantly unclipped the rope in front of the club's entrance. "Have fun."

"LOUIIIIIIIIS!!!"
A scream reached its way to Louis' ears and he saw nothing but red. Before Louis knew it, bodies were flying past him as he pushed through the crowd to get to a glowing, cowering Harry, surrounded by none other than the troublesome men from the pub.
"Fuck is going on around here?!" Louis exclaimed when he got hold of Harry. It was then that he realized that the leader, Michael, was soaked in alcohol.
"That your boy, Louis?" Asked the giant of a man, his chest heaving.
Louis looked at Harry and back at Michael. "Yeah, yeah he is."
Michael spit at Louis' feet and got in Harry's face. He growled, "you're lucky this punk came here to save you. Next time we see you 'round here, you're dead."
Each of the men shoulder checked Louis on their way out of the building. He turned to Harry then. "What were you thinking?"
"I-I was just trying to dance and um, they were being creeps and wouldn't let go of me so I... I threw his drink on him. I'm so sorry Lou. I didn't mean to cause any trouble." He was still shaking, but luckily no longer had a glow around him.
"It's not your fault. Come on, let's get you home." Louis went to goad him out the door, but Harry didn't move.
"About that... I sort of snuck out. I told my sister not to wait up for me, so I have no way back in..." he said, looking at the floor sheepishly.
Louis sighed. "Oh, Harry," he groaned, wiping his face with his hands. "It's alright, you can stay with me tonight. Let's go."
Louis let his boss know he was leaving early and put Harry on the back of his bike. It had started to rain and he knew Harry must be freezing in his ridiculous outfit, so he sped all the way there.