If The Truth Tell

It rained all day. Louis sat in his cold, creaky abandoned house and watched the candle flames dance in front of the window. He was so anxious. He would've gone to the bakery by now and asked Harry upfront if he remembered last night, but the only form of transportation he had were his motorbike and his own two legs. Both of those included getting wet on the way there, which would've put Louis in an even worse mood.
He kept going in circles in his head; wondering if it was such a bad thing for a human to know his secret, deciding that yes it was a very bad thing, plotting ways to lie, googling how to draw on a navel, etc.
He was about to scream into a pillow once again until out of the corner of his eye, he saw a stream of sunlight pouring through the trees. The rain was finally letting up. Louis scrambled to pull some clothes on and grab his keys, telling himself as he ran out to his bike that he was only excited to get it over with, and definitely not excited to see Harry.

The bell above the bakery door chimed as Louis stepped inside, and he saw Harry look up to greet whoever was coming in, but when Harry saw that it was Louis, he smiled so big that Louis swore his face would split right then and there.
"Louis!" He breathed out, a little too loudly to be professional. The other people in the room looked between them curiously.
Louis quickly walked over to the counter and his face burned as he knew he was being watched. Quietly, he said, "Harry, I need to talk to you about something, it's about last night—"
"Harry!" A voice echoed from the back of the shop.
"Okay," Harry replied. "I just—"
"Haaaaarry! Come here a minute!"
"I'm so sorry, I really have to go, b-but if you come to my house tomorrow, that's my day off, and we can talk then!" Harry rushed around as the voice from the back kept calling. "I'm coming!" He snuck a muffin out of the case, quickly slid it into a bag, and handed it to Louis. "See you tomorrow," he said with a smile and a wink before he fled to the back.
Louis just stood there, processing what had just happened. When he turned around he was met with four pairs of staring eyes that belonged to little old women with fond expressions on their faces. "What?" He asked. The women just turned back to their original positions.

He had to go and meet Harry, right? That was the question Louis had kept asking himself as he paced the floor the next day. Finally he gave up, slipping on a pair on black Tom's and heading out the door.
The whole ride there, Louis could feel something like a flower blooming in his stomach. Although he would never admit it, he was kind of happy to be seeing Harry. He ate Harry's muffin yesterday, and it nearly satisfied him. He kept thinking about how Harry probably helped make it, smiled as he plopped the berries in the batter, sweat as he pulled them from the oven, beamed as he laid them out to cool... and for some reason, these thoughts made Louis feel like the baked good was actually filling him up, but in a different way.
He tried to wave away the thought as he pulled into the driveway. Harry hadn't really said what time to come, so he figured noon was a safe bet. He walked up and knocked on the door, feeling a bit nervous for some reason.
A girl answered, looking shocked to have a visitor. "Hello, can I help you?" She asked timidly.
"Um, yes actually. Is this where Harry lives?" Louis thought the girl's eyes couldn't get any wider. Slowly, she put one finger up to signal for Louis to wait, and closed the door.
Louis heard some whispering, then someone tripped over something that sounded like it hurt. Suddenly he saw the door open to reveal Harry, smiling through obvious pain. "Oops," said Harry, wincing and laughing it off as he rubbed his left foot against the back of his other leg.
"Hi," Louis greeted, smiling a bit at the boy's clumsiness. "Did you want to uh.." Louis trailed off as Harry shushed him a bit and stepped outside, closing the door behind him.
"Sorry, my stepdad is sleeping, so we have to be quiet. Um, how long can you wait? I kind of forgot we were meeting and I have to finish up my chores." Harry looked so sad, but smiled politely.
"Well, I do have to work tonight, but other than that I've not got much going on. I can't wait terribly long though, because we really do need to talk. What is it that you have to do?"
"Just some tidying. Dishes, sweeping, mopping and such. H-hey, what are you—" Harry squeaked as Louis started to push his way through him and into the house.
"I can't wait around all day, so I might as well help you."
"Shh!" Said both Harry and the girl. That's when Louis heard the loud snoring, and looked across the room to see a bear of a man laying in a reclining chair, cuddled up to a bottle of vodka. Louis could feel the fear running through Harry and whom he assumed was his sister.
He put his hands up to assure him that he would be quiet, and followed them to the kitchen to help clean.
After a while of cleaning in silence, Louis felt the other two relax more, but suddenly they all heard the creaking of a chair and the grunting of the man struggling to get out of it. In a hurried whisper, Harry ushered Louis and his sister into a nearby room. "Go, go, go!"
It was dark, and Louis tried to stay quiet. "I'm Gemma," Harry's sister whispered.
"I'm Louis," Louis replied. "I would shake your hand, but I can't really see." Then, after a bit of silence, "am I not supposed to be here?"
"Not really. Greg doesn't like guests coming over."
"Oh, I see. But why are you hiding?"
Before Gemma could answer, there was a huge thump that echoed through the house. Harry opened the door of the room they were in. "Did he faint?" Asked Gemma.
"Yes but I think he'll be alright, you can come out now." Louis and Gemma stepped out of the room.
"You two go on and talk, I'll finish the rest," offered Gemma sweetly.
"Gem, no, it's alright," Harry protested.
"She's right Harry, he might wake up again." Harry blushed at that, but gave in, taking Louis' hand and kissing his sister goodbye.