Chapter 5

I walked along the sandy beach shore, the waves lapping at my feet. Grovyle had her eyes straight foward, lookingat a small little house with a little dock harboring a boat. A man was chasing a Wingull back and forth on his porch, giving off joyous laughter.

I smiled at this and called over to the man. "Hey, Mr. Briney!"

Mr. Briney stopped what he was doing. "Oh, hello Karina! What brings you here?" His Wingull Peeko fluttered onto his shoulder giving off a squawk.

"I came here today because I wanted to go to Dewford," I stated simply.

"Oh, Dewford, Eh?" He said smirking. "Well, I see your using what I offered."

I chuckled. "Well, I guess I am..."

He nods, walking over to his boat docked onto the water. "Well, come aboard lass! Peeko, We're setting sail, my darling!"

Grovyle and I jumped onto the boat, and we imediatly set off for the small island.

_____

"Well, here we are! Just tell me when you want to set sail again, and we'll be off."

"Thanks, Mr. Briney," I said. I jumped off the boat and landed on my feet, Grovyle barely making a sound as she fell behind me.

"Grovyle, Gro!" She said pointing to the town.

I looked over to the town, about a mile away, but still visible. "Don't worry, we'll get there soon," I say.

Grovyle nods, and she walks ahead into the trees. I catch up to her and we walk in the leafy, shady trees shielding us from the hot sun. I could see some Tailow and Swellow perched up on the trees, eating the berries they have collected.

I took one look at Grovyles face and pulled out my bag. "I already know what you want, I'm way ahead of you," I say holding out an Oran berry.

Grovyle took the berry and nibbled on it, gradually getting faster by each bite. She soon finished it and jumped up to her feet, her eeyes showing her energetic side.

"Well someones ready for anything," I joked. "Come on, we still need to get to Dewford."

"It seems we have run into each other again."

I turned around, seeing a red haired man stand before me. "Oh, uh, hello Maxie," I say, not expecting him to be there.

"Hello," he says, his eyes not showing any emoltion. "I saw what you did back there. Quite a remarkable way of getting those back."

I suddenly remembered the events that had happened yesterday. "Oh, the Devon Parts? You heard about that?"

He nods. "I have. Do you know who that man was, the one you had beaten?"

I shook my head. "Not really. I only know that he said something about Team Aqua, but that's all."

"Well, he was definately part of Team Aqua, no doubt about that," He continued. "Team Aqua is an orginazation who wishes to accomplish one goal. That goal is to widen the ocean, and other bodies of water. I, on the other hand, have different ideals."

"I wish to widen the land, so for me, I don't agree with them. Of course, to some, that goal is impossible. I wish to prove them wrong, but it seems that not many people agree with me."

I thought about that for a moment. So this Team Aqua group wishes to widen the ocean? But, from what i saw, they looked like they took things by force. I'm not so sure what i think about that. I look over to my Grovyle. "Well, it seems as though they aren't the friendliest of groups, and that they take things by force. But, no matter who's ideal is who's, I just hope that everything can come together peacfully. Or, at least, that's what I wish to happen."