Chapter 11

"W-what? T-that can't be!" Brendan exclaims.

"It's true," she sniffed. "Four people in blue barged into our house and demanded him to come with them. He refused, but they took him away anyway."

I stepped forward. "Wait. Can you be more specific? Can you describe them for us?"

She nods. "They all wore a blue bandanna, blue and white shirts, and ripped brown shorts. They also all had the same symbol printed onto their clothes."

'Oh no...'

"Wait, Karina, do you know who they are?" Brendan asks.

"Those people that took Professor Cozmo were Team Aqua. They accomplish their goals by doing things by force. Their main goal is to widen the oceans. But from what I've observed, I have no idea why they'd want Professor Cozmo," I say shaking my head. "What they want to do with him is what I'm wondering."

"Team Aqua," he thinks aloud. "They sound bad to me. Excuse me, but do you know where they headed off to?"

She nods. "They went toward Meteor Falls."

"Alright, thank you. Come on Karina!" He's already out the door, kicking up dust from behind him.

I start dashing out the door and catch pace with him. "Come on Grovyle! You dont want to get left behind, don't you?"

"Grovyle!" She doesnt hesitate and runs after us.

After we exit town, Brendan speaks. "Do you think they'll battle us?"

"Uh, from what I've experienced, they are not the type of people who give out free hugs and lollipops. I think its safe to say that they most definitely will! Use your brain man!" I say smacking him upside the head.

"Just making sure," he groaned rubbing the back of his head. "Anyway, why would they want Professor Cozmo? From what you said, they only wanted to widen the ocean. But what does that have to do with him?"

I shrug. "Maybe because he's a Professor?"

He shook his head. "No, he specializes in meteorites."

"Then what could they hope to accomplish?" I say aloud. "Windening the ocean has nothing to do with a meteorite. Or does it..."

"Karina, lets not think like that. There must be another explanation though!" Brendan thought fustratedly.

I turn around to see Grovyle tapping my backside. "What is it Grovyle?" I ask her. I suddenly see a large cave in front of us with huge limestone pillars hanging from the roof. Not to mention the gigantic craters all over the place.

"Thanks Grovyle. Come on, lets go." We enter inside to find it strangely illuminated. We explore the cave for a few minutes, then snap our heads in the direction of some voices emanating from somewhere. We cautiously follow it, the voices becoming louder and louder.

"Just give us the meteorite or face the consequences!"

''Never! I'll never let you have the meteorite!"

I soon recognized the voice of Professor Cozmo. "Professor Cozmo!" I screamed as I sprinted foward. I soon stopped dead in my tracks.

"Well well," a voice sneered. "We finally meet Karina."