Chapter 14

"W-what? How did this happen?!"

"Most of Team Magma are out doing missions or at the base, so their aren't many people helping out," Raven explained. "Thank God you're here to help. It helps a lot."

"No problem," I said. "My team and I are willing to help out you guys, we don't want to watch you lose."

Raven smiled. "Thanks. But right now, we need to help out and drive Team Aqua away. We can't let Archie fire the beam!"

I nod. "Right! Lets go!"

Raven and I dash off closer to the crater of the volcano, seeing Team Aqua members fighting off Team Magma members. Some were even grouped into twos. "We need to find Maxie," Raven says. "Can you spot him out?"

I try and look over the raging Pokemon battles and Magma and Aqua members giving harsh commands to their Pokemon. I try and look over, trying to spot the leader of Team Magma. "I don't see him."

"We need to find him, if we don't then-" Raven was cut off as a Crawdaunt crashed into her.

"Raven!" I exclaim. The Crawdaunt gets back up and runs off as I help her to her feet. "Are you ok Raven?"

She nods. "I-I'm fine, just a little scratch," she reasures me.

"Alright, as long as your ok." I suddenly lift my head up and see a farmiliar person just a couple yards away. "There he is! I found him!"

Maxies P.o.v.

Mightyenas Snarl sends the smaller Pokemon Poochyena flying away, all three of them fainting as they hit the ground. The Aqua grunts look at me with fear shining in their eyes. "That's what happens when you meddle with the great Maxie," I say triuphantly.

The Aqua grunts darted their gazes to each other and scampered off down the volcano. 'Foolish grunts, they thought they could take down me.'

"Sir! She's here!"

I turn around to see a familiar person beside her. "So you've arrived," I observed.

"Karina nods. "I have. I couldn't just stand by and watch the whole world drown, could I?"

Raven steps forward. "I've brought her here so you know that she's present. I thought she'd need to know what to do from you."

A loud boom sounded from the crater. "There's no time for you to drive off anymore grunts. We need to get to the crater to stop Archie from firing the beam. I need you two with me in case any grunts do come in the way. If I'm left with having to fight the battles with the grunts, then there will be no time to stop him."

"My Pokemon and I havn't gone up to this volcano to see you fail. Of course I'm going with you," Karina states.

"Me as well," Raven adds. "After all, I cant disobey my leader. That would kick me out of the team."

Mightyena nudges me and points his tail over to the bridge connecting to the volcano. "You're right Mightyena, we should get going." I turn my gaze to the two. "Let's get going then, shall we?"

Karinas P.o.v.

We run toward the long bridge awaiting us. The heat was blazing, leaving my whole body sweating. I reached to go and grab my water bottle but then quickly realized it was empty. 'Crap.'

"Hurry! We don't want Archie to fire the beam!" Maxie called behind him as his Mightyena beside him panted heavily.

My Eevee only seemed to go faster, like the heat was not a bother at all to her. 'How can she stand it? We're at a frickin volcano for Gods sake!'