Chapter 11

Ramona and Veronica were dancing in Ramona's room. They were practising a choreography with the song "Just Fine" and they were both doing really well.

"This room is so cool!" Veronica said to her best friend. Fernando's house is the original Gibbler House. To Ramona's big surprise, she wasn't feeling uncomfortable or wanted to leave. To be more specific, Veronica liked seeing something unique.

After a while, Ramona had the brilliant idea to eat ice cream from her own frozen yoghurt macine.

"I still can't believe that you have your own frozen yoghurt macine," Veronica said and started eating her frozen yoghurt.

"I know, right? Actually, papa build this for me, because he wanted me to spend more time at his apartment. And mom bought me Buttercup," Ramona explained.

"Your parents must love you a lot. They'd do anything for you and you're so lucky. My parents barely knew that I existed. Only my mother cared for me a little..." Veronica said and her smile kind of faded away. Ramona put her hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, V, I don't think that's true. Don't think like that, I'm sure your parents love you."

"You don't know about my family, Ramona. Anyways, I don't want to ruin our night because of my stupid family issues."

"They are not stupid and whenever you feel like talking about them, I'll always be here for you."

The two girls hugged and right when they pulled away, Fernando came in with a really wide smile on his face.

"Girls, Fat Susana just started! You've gotta join me and watch it!" he said and went back downstairs. Veronica made a confused face and Ramona laughed. She explained everything to her, including the plot of Fernando's favorite soap opera.

"Come on, let's go join him!" Veronica said and Ramona followed her. They both bursted in giggles followed by loud laughs. Fat Susana wasn't that bad. But for sure, you couldn't take it seriously like Fernando did. It was pretty funny and the girls enjoyed themselves, while watching it.

================================

Back to Ramona's room, Veronica was texting with Jackson. She didn't tell Ramona about it, but her curious best friend couldn't sit down and not find out who was making Veronica giggle all the time, so she grabbed her phone and as soon as she saw Jackson's name written on the top of the chat, she smirked evily.

"But I've gotta say, I love how you've written Jackson  Action Jackson with a red heart next to it on your contacts," she teased her. Veronica tried to hide the fact that she was blushing and grabbed her phone back.

"Ramona, don't start the whole me having a crush on Jackson conversation, please. You know that I only see him as my brother-"

"Wait, what???" Ramona asked with wide eyes.

"Oops, I said that out loud! Ok, yeah, truth is, I feel like he's my brother. I know it hasn't even been a month or something, but the way Jackson treats me... He's the kindest boy I've ever met," Veronica explained. Ramona smiled and let a chuckle escape from her mouth.

"No, no, it's okay, V. It's just that I had to spend time with Jackson for years to understand that I love him as my brother and I was kinda surprised when you only took a couple of weeks to understand it. You guys are sibling goals," Ramona said.

"Awww, not like you and him, though. You're so adorable together, I love you both," Veronica replied and they smiled at each other.

================================

In the kitchen, the two girls and Fernando were eating dinner. He had made Ramona's favorite food and took a guess about Veronica's, which actually happened to be her favorite. And he also made strawberry milkshakes, although this time they were actually delicious.

"Thank you for the dinner, Fernando. It was awesome and the food was incredibly tasty," Veronica said smiling.

"Aww, you're welcome, Veronica! And if someone has to say thank you here, that's me. I'm so glad you and Ramona are having so much fun together, you are my daughter's best best friend," Fernando replied with that accent if his that literally no one can understand what he's saying. He said that himself one day, he isn't listening to what he's talking about, because it's so difficult with that accent.

"And I am glad that Ramona is my best friend. I couldn't have asked for more," Veronica said and looked at Ramona. They smiled at each other and hugged.

Fernando started making awww noises and they all chuckled and went in the living room. Fat Susana was having a second episode today, probably a special one. Yeah, it's too good to be real.

================================

"Seriously, watching all this Fat Susana tonight made me want to eat some cheese," Ramona said and Fernando rushed in the kitchen and stepped in the living room again within seconds. But this time, he was holding a slice of cheese. Ramona grabbed it and started chewing on it.

"Mhmm, excactly what I needed. Thanks, Papa."

"You're welcome, my little girl."

Veronica let out a light sigh. She couldn't help but be a little jealous of them. She never really had a good relationship with her father. In fact, it's possible that he might has forgotten about her existence.

"Veronica, is everything all right?" Fernando asked after noticing the sadness on her face.

"Mm, what? Oh, yeah, yep, all good! No need to worry, Fernando, I just thought that I'd like some cheese too," she replied. He ran in the kitchen and got her a slice of cheese.

"Here you are," he said, always smiling.

"Thank you very much."

After she ate her cheese, she and Ramona went upstairs again and started dancing, talking, doing dumb stuff and posting hundreds of stories and random posts on Instagram.

Veronica was happy. For the first time in her life, she was actually thrilled and felt loved. She had the best friends in the world and she loved them more than anyone and anything else in her entire life.