Chapter 10

"They only had each other!" Steve, Jackson, Veronica, Ramona and Max said in unison through sobs. Titanic had just ended and everybody was crying their eyes out. Ramona and Max were hugging Steve who was hugging them back, trying to hold back tears. Eventually he gave up trying and let it all out, hugging Ramona and Max tightly. Jackson and Veronica on the other hand, were hugging each other as tight as possible, Veronica crying hard on his chest and Jackson sobbing in her hair.

"I can't believe that there was no place for my Leo! Rose could've moved a little bit and save his precious life," Veronica said and everyone agreed with her. She had let go of Jackson's arms, but as soon as she said that thing about Rose, she grabbed his shirt's collar and literally collapsed on his chest.

'Welcome back, butterflies. Have a great tour in my stomach,' Jackson thought as he hugged her back, still crying over Jack's death.

After a while and lots of tears, they finally managed to stop crying and realised that it was almost midnight. Ramona and Veronica headed to their room. Jackson helped Steve with Tommy and then headed to his bed.

DJ, Kimmy and Stephanie got back to home about 30 minutes later and saw Steve asleep, holding Tommy. DJ wanted to yell 'aww', but Stephanie sushed her, so that they wouldn't wake up.

================================

The next day, in the afternoon, Veronica and Ramona were with Lola in their room. The topic of the discussion was easy to guess. Yeah, it was all about Jackson. There's literally no moment that Veronica's not thinking about him. Not that she likes likes him or something, he's just so nice and sweet. If Veronica was being completely honest, she would say that she's never met a boy like him before, in a good way always.

"I don't know, I just... es tan mono!" Veronica answered to Lola's question which was 'what do you like so much about Jackson'.

"Si crees que es lindo, ¿por qué no lo haces con él?" Ramona replied teasingly, crossing her arms. Veronica blushed really hard and glared at her.

"Te odio desde el fondo de mi corazón!" Veronica said back. The two girls were just teasing each other, they love doing that.

"No, you don't," Ramona replied with confidence. Veronica nodded and burst in laughs, while Lola was being hella confused and not understanding a thing coming out of her friends' mouths.

"Okay, you guys make no sense," said she, causing the Ramona and Veronica literally choke from laughter.

"V and I were just talking about Jackson being cute."

Right then, Jackson opened the door.

"Who's being cute?" asked he, worried if it was Veronica talking about a guy besides him.

"Girl stuff, you boy," Ramona snapped and pushed him outside of the room.

"Ok, that wasn't so nice," Veronica said and Lola agreed.

"I'm going to apologize for you," she also added and followed Jackson in the stairs.

"Hey, Jackson, wait up!"

He turned his head around and looked at a kind of breathless Veronica Lodge trying to keep up with him.

"Listen, I'm sorry for Ramona's behaviour-"

"Are you kidding me? There's absolutely no need to apologize. Ramona was just being Ramona, I wasn't even close to be offended," Jackson said and started laughing. Veronica chuckled and blushed a little. That was kind of embarrassing.

"Oh, and before you go downstairs... You asked who was being cute, didn't you?"

"Yeah, I did."

"Well, we might or might not be talking about you.." Veronica told him. She winked at Jackson and headed back to her and Ramona's room, where the two girls were waiting for her.

Jackson was seriously dumbfounded.

================================

The next morning, Ramona and Veronica had plans for their afternoon. According to Ramona, they would be spending their afternoon-evening at Fernando's house. Like, it would be a kind of sleepover and then, the next day , go back to DJ's place.

"Ahh, I'm so excited to meet Fernando Hernandez Guerrero Hernandez Guerrero!" Veronica almost yelled, while packing some things in a bag for the sleepover.

"Papa is a little bit weird, but since you get along with Mom, I think you'll have no problem with him," Ramona replied. She was well-aware that her family is probably the weirdest in San Fransisco, but she loved her parents. And she was weird too, after all, she has the Gibbler DNA.

After the girls had lunch, they grabbed their bags from the living room and said goodbye to everyone. Their big sleepover at Fernando's house was about to start.

================================

"Hola, Papa!" Ramona said as she hugged Fernando, who had just opened the door for her and Veronica.

"This is my best friend. Her name is Veronica Lodge and she has moved in with us recently," she explained and Veronica shook Fernando's hand.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Hernandez Guerrero, Hernandez Guerrero," Veronica said and smiled widely.

"Ohhh, just call me Fernando. And it's really nice to meet you too," he replied. "Come in."

The girls came in and Fernando gave Veronica a mini-tour. She liked the house, especially Ramona's room. She also met Buttercup, her pony. Ramona explained the whole story and how Buttercup was now her pet and Veronica couldn't help but laugh. She could guarantee that the Tanner-Fuller-Gibbler families are the most caring and beautiful families she's ever met. Sometimes she wishes she had a family like those three.

"This sleepover is gonna get wild. Just remember one thing; you are in the same house with a crazy Gibbler, a really weird Fernando and a pony with purple highlights in its hair. Are you sure you can survive?"

Veronica chuckled and rolled her eyes playfully. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can, Mrs. Crazy Gibbler," was her response. That's why Ramona loved her so much. They are the perfect homies.