13

•••

"Five!"

Five didn't slow his pacing, hand flexing as he warmed up his powers.

"You're not seriously considering this, are you Five?" Kit pushed herself off the abandoned crate to grip his shoulder, halting his frantic pacing.

The Handler's deal was good, too good. Kit had never liked the lady, and neither did Five, but he had gruffly agreed to "think about" her deal to appease her. Kit didn't like the edge she had to her voice and the sly glance she gave her when they had left, especially since the Handler hadn't mentioned she had had a daughter in their years of working together.

"I don't know, Kit. You heard what she said. I don't think we're going to have any other options. There's that family meeting tonight, I'm going to see what advice Reginald Hargreeves can give me. If anyone can help, it's going to be him."

Kit nodded, sitting back on the crate. Five continued pacing, once again flexing his fingers and toying with the edge of his powers. The warehouse loomed behind them, an imposing power. It made Kit feel a little helpless.

"Well, I hope you have fun meeting up with your dad," Kit quipped, hopping off the her crate and starting forward.

"Kit..."

"What?"

Five grabbed her arm. "Come with me."

Kit rolled her eyes back at him. "Last family meeting no one needed me, and this is a very intimate affair-"

"I need you, Kit. Just please come with me?"

"Fine." Kit pulled her arm towards herself and watched as Five stumbled forward, enveloping him in a hug.

He hugged back, his nose rubbing against her neck, feeling her shiver.

"I feel so fucking pathetic."

Kit pushed him away. "Excuse me?"

Five looked up at her like he was surprised she heard him, his eyes shining with tears.

"Every time you touch me, my knees buckle, and I can't breathe. It makes me feel fucking pathetic." He turned his face away from her gaze.

Kit's arms wrapped around his waist and held him, feeling his tears on her neck and his labored breaths.

"It's alright, Five, you're probably just touch starved." She squeezed him tighter against her. "Don't worry, I'll help you recover in any way I can. You don't have to be alone anymore."

Five lifted his head and put a hand on her cheek. "Yeah?"

"I promise." Kit's eyes shifted between his bright blue eyes and his lips, and his followed, leaning his head closer and closer until her body ached for him.

Her hand gripped his hair and he blinked, eyes closing.

"Kiss me?" She whispered, pushing his head closer towards her's.

Their lips collided, and it was exactly like Kit had imagined. Five froze for a second, unsure what to do at first, but soon relaxed, allowing Kit to lead. Her tears fell, mixing with his, as she kissed him like she had never kissed anyone before.

They broke apart, trying to catch their breath, and Five leaned in to peck her lips over and over again until Kit giggled, pushing him away so she could breathe.

"That was my first kiss."

Kit froze as his words, a sly smile spreading across her face as she took him in, his rapid breathing and flushed face.