Part 1

Before starting this, I would also like to say that our writing styles (mine at least) have changes a lot since we wrote this, so please excuse me/us if it's bad but I will try and make it the writing flow. Alright, on with the story.

It was a dark and stormy night...

The puppy got restless, so decided to sneak away from it's home out into the unforgiving rain. Though the rain was relentless, the puppy continued to walk along the sidewalk, until it found a gutter. Soaked and cold to the bone, the puppy decided to take shelter there, having no other options. He started to crawl towards the gutter, not looking at what could be coming toward.

Soon the earth began to tremble. Small pebbles fell onto the puppy. An ominous roar grew louder and louder. The puppy began to shake! Within seconds the monster would reach his hidey-hole. The puppy coward in the furthest corner it could find, while loud thumps and splashes from the mysterious creature grew closer and closer.

As the beast grew nearer, a foul smell intoxicated the puppy. It surrounded him, making him feel incased in darkness. Things only grew darker for the puppy as the creatures eyes could be seen. They shined like lights yet had an angry look to them. One the could kill you instantly.

The ominous yellow glow from the streetlight behind the created illuminated it's blue eyes, making them shine an dangerous icy white. The puppy whimpered and tried to crawl further back as the creature started to open it's maw, showing off a row of jagged teeth. It's teeth grinded against the icy winter streets, creating a horrible screech. The puppy's eyes filled to the brim with fear and sadness, as he knew an impending doom was coming for him. And though small and narrow, the puppy tried to shrink into the shadows of the shelter.

The snarling creature tried repeatedly to get to the terrified puppy, however since the beast was much larger, it couldn't get to the same place that the tiny puppy was squatting in. The beast's paws, however, could reach and reach. They tried as the puppy scrambled backwards, until there was no more room left to hide. Three long sharp fingers grabbed at the puppy's collar, and with success, latched onto it's accessory.  As it tugged harder and harder at his collar, the puppy felt it closing around it's neck. The puppy cried harder and harder, whimpering, squeamishly trying to avoid the monster. It had no where left to run.

The puppy was scared for it's life, it shook and squirmed trying to get it's head out of the collar's tiny opening with no success. The hand melting pulling the fighting puppy closer and closer to the entrance of the gutter, until it was forced out. Shaking, the puppy looked up and saw the creature properly for the first time. The beast was covered in shadows, but from what the the puppy could see it terrified him. It had long pointy fingers, icy blue eyes, and a big toothy grin. He cowards in fear as the beast towered over over the puppy, trying to examine it. Then, it stepped into the light. Allowing the puppy to see the mysterious creature truely for the first time.

The creature would be difficult to describe. It's eyes ice blue and equally cold, as it stared maliciously at the puppy. It"s eyebrows thin and bunched together in the middle of their forehead, it's lips, cracked and peeling, covered the sharp yellow teeth hiding inside it's sinister grin. Pale leathery skin stretched over sharp cheekbones and a jawline that could cut you if you got to close. Hair dark as the night around them, was tangled as if it hadn't been brushed for weeks. It probably hadn't. As the puppy looked further down, it saw a dark ripped shirt under a long black coat. It's trousers were ripped at the knee, but not fully. Making the creature creature look as if they had been crawling along somewhere. Their shoes were scuffed and starting to fall apart. The puppy yelped and whined looking back into the monsters frosty eyes, as it's claws dug into the soft skin in the puppies skin, under it's collar.

The puppy whimpered in pain as the creature's nails dug deeper into it's skin. Though the pain was unbearable, the puppy had a little bit of hope. This lead to him fighting back. Within second he had reached the creatures hand and bit into it. The creature immediately began to retaliate, swinging the puppy around, howling in pain. Soon the brute let go of him, allowing the puppy to escape.

What he didn't know know was that the danger be left behind, didn't scale against what he was running towards.

As the puppy ran as fast as it could, it kept looking back making sure the beast wasn't following him. The puppy could barely see past the rain, and started feeling dizzy from the blood loss due to the wounds in it's neck. Slowly, he slowed down, until it was laying in the rain on the side of the road, no monster followed it but had no idea what was ahead, and was too exhausted to check.

As the puppy laid there bleeding out, another creature started to stalk toward it from the other side of the road. Slow deliberate steps. It made it half way to the puppy. That is until a speeding car made a turn into their street.

1069 words.
A/N: Time: 1:16am August 13 2020.
My family received another curveball, as of writing this, a pipe in the wall burst and flooded the bathroom. The wall is filled with water, and all water has had to be turned off. I tried sleep through it but curiosity got the better of me, and thus I found my parents cleaning up, and now missed my chance to fall asleep. My anxiety is now kicking me in the stomach after this, and my sleep paralysis demon now has a new form of Niagara Falls. Hope you are doing better than us.

A/N: 8:55pm August 13 2020.
Finally finish this, sorry for the wait. Hope I did well. And for clarification, I did edit it a bit, so it was less boring or made more sense, but like 98.5% is the original material. This was fun, can't wait to write the next chapter.