Five sighed and sat back down. "So." I turned to him awkwardly. "So. I guess we haven't had much alone time since you found me." He nodded. "Yeah. How was it? By the way, living here for a year," Five asked. I inhaled sharply. "Hard, at first. Luther was really keen on protecting me, keeping me safe and out of trouble. That being said, I could probably kill him in 56 ways off the top of my head, but I let him do what he wanted. It was nice, he seemed like he had a change of heart."

Five smiled, but then seemed to frown at a thought. "How did you meet Maria?" I knew this was coming. "I guess working for Jack meant meeting her. We watch the fights together. Well, more like talk the whole time, but we're in the room," I replied.

"How close are you guys?"

I sighed and leaned towards Five, putting his face in my hands. "Your jealousy is showing, darling. We're just friends, ok? There's nothing to worry about." He nodded, still looking a little nervous. I pecked him on the lips right as Diego came out.

"Ew."

I rolled my eyes and stood up. "Yeah, yeah. Grow up, Diego. Come on guys, we should get going."

~ ☂︎︎ ~

𝙒𝙀 𝙎𝙊𝙊𝙉 𝘼𝙍𝙍𝙄𝙑𝙀𝘿 at the location.

"This is it," Five said as we pulled up to the building. "D.S. Umbrella. This is it." We all got out of the car and walked up to the door. The sign on the wall read "82 Olive. D.S. Umbrella Manufacturing Company." I stared at the door. It had been awhile since I'd seen the old man, and now he won't even know I exist. And it's not like I left on the best of terms. Five seemed to be having the same thoughts as me.

"You two ok?" Diego asked. "Yeah, fine. Just..." Five trailed off. "How long's it been since you've seen the old man?" Five stared at him. "Forty-five years." Diego turned to me. "You?"

"Seventeen."

"That's a trip," Diego chuckled. "No kidding," Five sighed as Diego continued to pick at the locks on the front door. "You know, when I was stuck out there in the apocalypse, there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't hear his voice in my head." I looked to Five. "What was he saying?" I asked. Diego continued to struggle with the lock. "Aw shit," he muttered. "I told you so," Five continued. Diego scoffed softly.

"Well, if Dad's here, he's never met you before, so he can't say I told you so," he pointed out. "I'm sure he'll find a way," Five said, sighing once more. Diego was still attempting to pick the lock. I quickly traveled inside and opened the door.

"Right. Gotta remember that," Diego said, clearing his throat and walking inside, followed by Five.

The inside was weirdly plain. It felt like I was walking into a place where everyone would have a desk job. There wasn't much to it, and it seemed weirdly deserted. "Shit," Five exclaimed. "Guess Dad wasn't much for home decor," Diego said. I walked in farther, examining a table. "Feels more like a front," I observed.

"A front for what?" Diego asked. "I don't know." We continued and came across a hallway. "Well, I'll take left. Yell if you guys, uh...get in trouble." The door shut behind, giving the whole room a much more ominous vibe. We walked through the hallway, checking rooms as we went. "What are you up to?" Five asked himself softly. We opened up an office to see a family of mannequins sitting in a living-room type setting.

"Well that's really fucking creepy," I whispered.

We finally came across a room with a light on and a desk. There seemed to be some sounds, like soft chittering. With a soft grunt, Five opened up an envelope found on the desk. It was an invitation to a party from a Mr. Hoyte Hillenkoetter. Five handed the letter to me and I tucked it away.

We heard soft chirping coming from the corner of the room. I moved closer to investigate. "Hi," Five said, approaching whatever was there. The animal came out and was revealed to be a small chimpanzee. "Pogo?" I moved next to Five. "Hey." Baby Pogo made some softer noises as he approached Five.

"Oh my god he is the cutest thing I've ever seen," I said, standing behind Five. He crouched down to Pogo's height. "Pogo. It's good to see you." He stared at Five for a moment and then let out a screech. Faster than I could react, he scratched Five on the neck, who cried out in pain. "Five!"

Pogo broke through the window and jumped before I could catch him. "Five, are you okay?" I asked, kneeling beside him to check his injury. "I'm fine, I'm fine. Just go check on Diego, ok?" I nodded and summoned my powers.

Using a little trick I picked up, I quickly traveled to Diego, hiding before anyone could see me. He seemed to be caught up in a fight with a mystery man. The man had impressive skills. He and Diego seemed to be receiving and landing some good blows. The man got a good hit on Diego and flipped him around while twisting his arm. At this moment, Diego seemed to spot something. I watched as he kicked the man and ran towards a bar. Picking it up, he flipped over the man and landed in a fighting position.

Doing some spins, probably for show, Diego attacked. He whacked around and managed to hold him off and get him on his knees. Holding the bar above his head, prepared to hit the man, he looked up. "Dad," Diego and I whispered at the same time. Reginald took this moment of weakness to stab Diego with a hidden knife.

"Amateur."

"Diego! Oh my god!" I ran to him as he fell to the ground. "Hey, hey, hey. Can you hear me?" Diego looked up. "Dad," he managed to whisper.

"Hey!" I shouted, getting his attention. Reginald turned to me and scoffed, preparing himself for a fight he thought would be easy. I smirked and shadow traveled behind him, landing a blow. Shocked, he turned around, but I had already disappeared. "Let's dance," I said, sitting on a box a few steps away. He ran to me, knives out, but I teleported away.

"You gonna hit me or?"

He came to me once again, but I flipped over him. I landed a few more blows, one to the shoulder, one to the gut, and one to knees. I got him down, and not making the same mistake as Diego, I used my powers to take his knife. I flipped him around, ready to interrogate him, but then remembered the man bleeding out on the floor. I glanced between the two, and made a decision.

I pulled Reggie back up, pushing him towards the exit. "Go," I said, "And don't worry, we'll find you again." He gave me a questioning glance, but walked away. I shoved the knife in my pocket and went back to Diego.

"Oh god," I said, pulling off my sweater so I could stop the bleeding as best as possible. I could only hope that help would come soon.

—𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍'𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀!
baby pogo baby pogo
baby pogo baby pogo
baby pogo baby pogo
baby pogo baby pogo
baby pogo baby pogo
baby pogo baby pogo

QOTD: What are your sun, moon, and rising signs?

AOTD: My sun is Capricorn, my moon is Leo, my rising is Aquarius.