Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

  "How'd he die?"

  "He committed suicide..."

  "How? Isn't he in the hospital?"

  "Yeah...he...rolled in his wheelchair to a room and saw a surgical knife...and killed himself with it..."

  "Rose..."

  "I'm...fine...It's just that...as bad as it sounds...I still loved him...he was my best friend...my first kiss...my first boyfriend...he was my first everything..."

  "I'm so sorry..."

  "I gotta go..."

  "O-okay..."

  I didn't know what to do. I hated him for cheating on me...but now I hate him even more for killing himself. Who was gonna take care of his grandparents? Rose was obviously crushed. His parents...I don't know what they'll think...

  Then James messaged me.

  Bad news. Collin committed suicide...and Landon ran away...he said Aaron was free to leave...and nobody was to find him...and Kameron is bawling her eyes out. We need you here Molls...please come. I love you, and you can do whatever you feel like doing...I won't be upset. But I do love you...   ~James

  Coming. Just give me like five minutes. Love you too...   ~Me

  I drove as quick as I could...Kameron was my best friend...When I got there, the door was wide open, and it smelled like Roses. Kameron was definitely there. I heard her crying. I walked inside and saw her in Kaylee's lap. Kaylee looked so scared. Like...I've never seen anyone look the way she did at that moment. When Kaylee saw me...she looked guilty...like...it was kinda frightening.

  "Kam?,"I said hugging her. "Your okay."

  She shook her head. I just hugged her and wiped her tears that were falling on my jacket I put on before I left. "Stop crying."

  "I c-cant...I love him."

  "He isn't worth loving..."

  "Yes he is..."

  "Kammy...I'm sorry..."

  "I don't know why he left..."

  I looked to everyone watching me. "Kameron...how about you take a bath and try to relax..."

  She nodded and grabbed some of Kaylee's clothes from Aaron's room. When I heard the shower turn on I turned to the three still looking at me.

  "So why does everyone look guilty?"

  "I did something horrible..." Aaron.

  "What'd you do Aaron?"

  "He...,"Kayler said starting to cry.

  "She pregnant,"Aaron said. My eyes got really wide. My jaw dropped a little even.

  "What?"

  She nodded. He put his head in his hands. I looked at Kaylee who was holding her knees.

  "Well you'all be fine..."

  "No I won't..."

  "Yeah you will...your a great person."

  "I'm farther than you think..."

  "How far..."

  "Well look how fat I am! I'm like two months!"

  "Your not fat. I can't even tell your pregnant. It just looks like you gained a little weight."

  "Yeah well..."

  "Kaylee is pregnant. She can't be pregnant two months...she's done drugs...I've done drugs..."

  "Aaron, as long as you two stop for the baby. It should be fine."

  "You don't know that Molly, we could have hurt it."

  "Kaylee..."

  "I'm serious...I can't handle my life with a baby."

  "I can't either...,"Aaron said.

  That's when it clicked in. "You want me to adopt the baby?"

  She looked in her hands. "Yeah." Aaron nodded. I was in shock. James walked to me and held me by my shoulders. "You don't have to."

  "I will..."

  "You will?!,"Kaylee said.

  "One condition."

  "Anything Molly."

  "We're either gonna tell the baby or we're not. What's it gonna be?"

  "We're not."

  "For a fact?"

  "Yes."

  "Okay, I'll do it."

  I didn't know what to think. I had mixed emotions.