Chapter XXIV

Brody sat on a leather chair in a study laughing with a teenage boy who sat on another leather chair across from. The boy was not the same teenager from the beach. This one was a couple of years younger, he assumed around fourteen. His jet black hair was over the tops of his ears and his eyes were a warm brown.

The laughing stopped and he looked around the room in confusion uncertain where he was. The study did not look familiar to him but at the same time he felt home there.

"Is everything okay?" The teen said.

Brody was about to answer but the door opened and Evan stepped in. The two quickly jumped to their feet and stood ramrod straight. He looked into his eyes and he had the overwhelming urge to hide in the darkest corner.

"Hello Evan." He found himself stuttering.

"Hello Uncle Evan."

A look of displeasure was across his face as he said "Hello gentleman."

"Is something wrong sir?" Brody asked even though he already knew the answer.

"Yes something is wrong Brody?" He replied as he loomed closer to him. Brody resisted the urge to recoil from him. "I am very disappointed in you Brody."

Those words brought a hole to the pit of his stomach. His mind raced as he tried to figure out what he could have done to anger Evan. But no answer came to his mind.

"Why?" He then asked.

Evan stood a few inches from his eyes, his gaze slicing through him. A worried look crossed the boy's face. "Don't play games you know."

No I really don't he thought. Like I don't know who this boy I was laughing with is. I assume he is my son like the boy on the beach but I am not sure. And where is the other boy he questioned. Why isn't here with us. Is he still at the beach house? Is this study in the beach house? He was completely cluessless.

"Go stand in the corner Brody."

Brody did not move his feet were planted to the ground. All he could do was stand and stare at Evan.

"Now Brody." Evan then yelled at him gripping his heart in terror.

"Yes sir." He stuttered. The boy hung his head as he walked to the corner and stood.

"You've earned yourself one hour in the corner Brody."

"Yes sir." He said as the hole in his stomach grew wider. Just don't do anything to the boy he silently begged. Don't hurt him.

"And you young Brody." Evan said and Brody felt his stomach sink in his chest.

No he thought don't punish him please.

"Yes Uncle Evan."

"I'm very disappointed in you too." He scolded.

The boy then broke into tears. "I'm sorry sir."

Panic surged through him as he feared what he was going to do him. Don't spank him he thought don't spank him. If you need to spank anyone spank me. Just don't hurt the boy. I'll do anything you want me to but just don't hurt him.

"Do you know what you did?"

"Yes Uncle Evan." He replied softy so soft he could barely hear him.