A talented Gift

Right after the incident of trying to kill herself Poppy was in her room sitting at her vanity desk listening to her music box cleaning her mirror when there was a knock at her door and she was Creek standing in the doorway she put down her mirror as he entered she gave him a blank expression.

''I know you've been melancholy, I don't pretend to know why.'' He said quietly to her all she did was stay quiet with the blank expression on her face. ''I intended to save this until the engagement gala next week.'' He closed her music box pushing it back as he was sitting on the edge of her desk. ''But, I thought tonight. ''He opened it to reveal a necklace with a blue heart shaped gem with a sliver chain.

''Good gracious.'' Poppy said eyes wide opened and she gently touched the side of the necklace.

Creek chuckled. ''Perhaps as a reminder of my feelings for you.'' He said.

''Is it a-'' She was cut off.

''A diamond yes, 56 carats to be exact.'' Creek grinned as he got off the desk and went around behind Poppy to place it around her neck and they looked at it from her desk mirror Poppy still had her blank expression on her face.

''It was worn by Louis XVI and they called it Le Coeur de la Mer.'' He said watching her as she looks at it in disbelief and wonder.

''The heart of the ocean.'' They both said as she touches it gently.

''Yes.'' Creek said admiring her from the mirror taking her in.

Poppy didn't know what to feel. She stared at it. ''Its overwhelming.'' She said.

''Well its for royalty, we are royalty Poppy.'' Creek said.

Poppy still didn't like the way she was treated and yes she was royalty Creek was half on his mothers side but she wasn't sure how she felt being with Branch for a short time she liked being free and him talking to her like a normal troll and they were the same age.

She stares at him from the mirror. He sighed and got on his knees elbow resting on the vanity staring at her with a smirk. ''You know there is nothing I couldn't give you, there's nothing I'd deny you..  if you would not deny me.'' Creek said.

Poppy looked at frowning a bit stupid idiot thought he could win her over like this it make her skin crawl the way he stared at her.

''Open your heart to me Poppy.'' He pleaded. He was the type you could talk to but he'd shut down any idea you had she was in a huge debate.

Next day..

''Well I've been on my own since I was 10, since both of my parents died, and I had no brothers or sisters and well I had my grandma but she died shortly a short bit after my parents did so I didn't have any close kin in that part of the country. So I lit on out of there and I haven't been back since, you could just call me a tumble weed blowing in the wind.'' Branch said as him and Poppy decided to spend more time together walking around the deck of the Troll Titanic.  She wanted to talk to him.

Branch was in his green vest and brown pants and Poppy was in a yellow dress walking and listening to his story smiling. He smiled back at her as they walked. Older couples frowned slightly at them.

''Well Poppy, we've walked about a mile around this boat deck and chewed over how great the weathers been and how I grew up but I reckon that is not why you came to talk to me, is it?'' He looked at her.

''Mr. Timberlake, I'' She started.

''Branch.'' He said.

''Branch?'' She said as it sounded weird to call him by his first name but didn't mind.