ten | reveals and arguments

Start from the beginning

"Night princess," he said as he walked back out of my room, leaving me in the darkness until I finally turned around and laid down, holding my phone in my hands. I stared at the empty messages screen. I was expecting at least a text from James or Flora asking if I was okay, but it was silent, they hadn't said anything.

I also wasn't allowed to text my mom because it would be dangerous for me if my father tracked her phone and found my number. My eyes slowly closed with my hand still wrapped round my phone.

"Ready for our lazy day!" Caleb shouted as he bounced on top of me, waking me up in the process. I groaned loudly before attempting to turn over, only to be held down by his legs. "I thought the whole point of a lazy day was to be lazy, as in not moving out of bed."

"You can move out of the bed to the sofa downstairs," he shouted as I sighed at him, attempting to shove his heavy, hard body off of me but failing miserably.

"No!" I shouted, grabbing and gripping onto my bed covers, not letting him take me downstairs. Suddenly, in a quick, swift movement, Caleb had me over his shoulder, giving me only one, singular view.

I smirked to myself as he carried me down the stairs. "You're such an idiot," I shouted as he placed me down on the sofa, smirking. Not one day would I believe that I would actually be friendly with Caleb; the world was probably more likely to end.

"What do you want for breakfast then?" He shouted as he was walking to the kitchen. He was being surprisingly nice today and I have a feeling it's because of what he had told me last night.

"Pancakes!" I slid over to the kitchen to see him leaning against the counter. He looked unimpressed by my decision for the delicious, buttery food. "What? I haven't had them in a while and I really want some," he laughed at me and turned to create the pancake mix.

"Thank you!" I smiled as he began mixing the ingredients. Suddenly, my phone started ringing and thinking it was my mom, I answered it straight away without looking at who was calling.

Big mistake.

"Hello" I said into the phone as I waited for the reply.

"Hey, it's James, can you come round to mine later, we need to talk?" I sighed heavily as I had almost forgotten about James and the drama going on with us at the moment. He sounded blunt, causing me to quickly agree and hang up.

"Hey Caleb, don't wait for me after breakfast, I need to go see someone."

"You're going to go to see that idiot after he punched me in the face and knocked you over," he pointed to the now purple and yellow bruise that had come out clearly over his eye.

"He punched you because you kissed me-" I started, "and he knocked me over by accident because he was punching you for doing it," I laughed, trying to make it sound better than it actually was.

James didn't really care for me that night, even though it was an accident, he didn't exactly jump to check if I was okay. It was like I was just a trashcan that had been knocked over and he didn't bother to pick it up.

"I just don't see why you need to see him after what he's done," Caleb was really starting to care for me for some reason and I'm sure that's why James was more angry than he let on.

"Anyway, bon appetite," Caleb shouted as he placed a perfectly circular and sugary pancake in front of me.

"Thank you Caleb," I said as I began to eat away at the sweet pancake he had made. I was surprised he went to this much effort for me, seeing as he seemed angry that I was going to see James later.

"So how was it?" I masked any emotion on my face and looked at the pancakes as if they were the worst tasting things I had ever eaten. "It was a bit plain and I didn't really like the taste." His face turned down at my reply.

"I'm joking," I got up and smiled before walking towards him. "They were amazing, thank you." I'm sure me thanking him was for a lot more than him just making me breakfast.

• • •

My car pulled up outside James' house, and I felt like I was going to be sick. Why was I more scared to talk to my boyfriend than Caleb?

Before I'd even climbed out of the car, James opened the front door, obviously waiting for me and sprinted towards me as I climbed out. He hugged me like he hadn't seen me in a year and I was too shocked that it took me a few seconds to register what he was doing to then hug him back.

"I'm so sorry!" he whispered with his head buried in the crook of my neck. I nodded against him, not understanding why he had to be so sorry about punching someone I had actually kissed. Surely it was me that should be apologising.

"It was wrong of me, I was jealous and angry and I didn't even notice I knocked you over, please forgive me?" He gave me a sad smile and it was too hard not to forgive him when he did that.

"I'm sorry too, for kissing Caleb," I said quickly before he tried to kiss me. Practically reminding him that if he kissed me, he could be kissing Caleb and that's probably something James wouldn't want to know about.

"Where are your parents?" I asked as we walked into the silent house then into his room. Although I had been here hundreds of times, something felt different. It felt like we had just started dating as strange, nervous butterflies crept into my stomach.

"They've been with friends in Florida, so I have the house to myself for a while." I nodded; slightly annoyed that he didn't even bother to tell me. I could've stayed here and avoided ever having to live with Caleb and the kiss that we shared.

In my mind, I selfishly blamed James for the kiss but it wasn't his fault. For some morbid reason, I actually wanted to kiss Caleb. And I liked it.

We sat on his bed to watch some TV, with my head resting against his chest, like what we seemed to do every Saturday. And like every Saturday, just watching TV wasn't the only thing we ended up doing.

At this moment, I was straddling over him and was kissing him deeply, like I hadn't kissed him in a while. Maybe it was because of the guilt, or just that he had actually apologised for what he had done.

However, out of the corner of my eye I noticed a strap peeping out underneath the couch, which was conveniently next to his bed.

After ignoring it, we continued to kiss before I started to undo his shirt, with my eyes still wandering over to the strap I had suddenly invested my interest in.

That was until my curiosity won, and I pulled myself off of James to pull out whatever it was peeking out from underneath the couch. "Hey!" James called, but I ignored his voice as I pulled the strap to reveal what I thought I would never find in his room.

It was a red-laced bra, and was labelled as Victoria's Secret. My heart plummeted as I felt my stomach drop. It was the same bra I had bought Flora for her birthday last year.

"What the fuck is this?"