six | v-cards and bras

Flora King

Flora King

Looking around the room, it had all fell silent as this man shouted at Caleb. Nobody seemed to know what was happening, but we all knew it would not end pretty. Then suddenly, his hand thrust into Caleb's face.

James tensed beside me as his body language threatened to help separate what was about to happen, but he quickly retreated and stayed standing next to me. We both looked over at Gabby who stood with a terrified face.

I'm sure James wouldn't be happy about how scared Gabby was looking for Caleb. But, I knew there was something about him. It was what drew me to him in the first place. And I could tell the same exact thing was happening to Gabby.

As soon as the fight started, it had quickly finished, and Caleb was marching back to the kitchen, with other man walking straight out the door. James tensed once again when Gabby followed suit. However, instead of looking to Gabby, he looked back to me, his expression unrecognisable.

However, what made him finally move was Gabby holding onto Caleb as she helped him out the door. James began to stalk towards them, with anger in his eyes, but I held him back, not wanting him to regret anything he did.

She hesitantly looked back at him before continuing to help Caleb. Anger seeped through me as I watched Gabby care more for Caleb than she did for James. James didn't deserve her.

Even I saw the slight hesitation from Gabby before she drank in the 'never have I ever game'. Id watched James looking confused and angry before she finally pulled the drink to her lips.

Gabriella was my best friend, and she always has. But, being her best friend meant that I knew her inside and out. I knew when she liked someone, and I knew when she was lying. I would see it everyday with James. He loved her way more than she ever could.

I remember the exact day Gabby had come to school the day after her and James had, you know.

She was so happy, and would talk about how kind and caring he was, and how she was glad she had waited for the right person, like I was doing.

I looked over to James who had guilt and anger spread across his face, clenching his hands together and breathing heavily. I think when I grabbed onto James; it was because I didn't want him to run after Caleb. But, it may have also been that I didn't want him to run after Gabby.

It was selfish, I know. I wanted James to myself whilst his girlfriend chased after a boy she hardly knew.

"Caleb!" James shouted out, even though he knew they were long gone and wouldn't hear his voice. He glared resentfully at the open door where Caleb and Gabby had just walked out of.

"James, you're drunk," I pulled his body round to face mine. He looked defeated, like he had done all he could, and it just wasn't enough. Gabby hadn't really done anything but helped Caleb home, but it was enough to hurt James.