01.

Chapter 1

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Sophie was warily watching Eleanor as she paced around the aisle, biting her nails, "You could just let the whole thing pass instead of picking a fight with him."

Usually, I would have taken up arms for Eleanor, ready to fight whoever tried to cross her, but this time I wasn't so sure. For one, we were talking about trying to pick an argument with Noah Sterling, which should have been problematic enough in itself, but you go to war with the Russians in Russia. In this college town that was essentially Sterling-ville, getting into any and all sorts of trouble with Noah Sterling was not a good idea.

"Tell her, Bri!" Sophie nudged me, making me squeamish. Eleanor's pink tipped hair looked like they were on fire, ready to attack the first person who came close to pissing her off.

"Do this only if you're sure of what you have to say," I shrugged finally, "You can just mail this thing back to him instead of directly confronting him."

Eleanor bunched the jersey she had been holding, conflicted in the options she was presented with. Either she could tell Noah off for giving her some false illusions or she could stay down low for the rest of the year. I knew what she had decided even before she said anything, for her jaw was squared and she stood up straighter. A confrontation was in order.

"We're going to see Noah, and we're going to let him know-"

"Whoa, there's no we here," Sophie rolled her eyes, "Brianna and I are only coming for moral support."

"False," I jabbed her in the ribs, "you're coming along because you hate missing out on drama."

"It's the action that counts, not the thought," Sophie laughed before Eleanor interrupted us with a sharp admonish, "Guys!"

"Okay then, are you ready?" I jumped off the small hole in the wall I was sitting on, grabbing my bag and jacket. Eleanor squared her shoulders, checking her eyeliner and lipstick on her phone. I hadn't said anything about the sharp wings or the red lipstick when I first saw her, but I could see the point she was making.

"Yep, I'm ready," she squared her shoulders, "Noah wouldn't know what hit him."

"Okay, where do we find him now?" Sophie asked, shutting her notebook and grabbing her belongings too. Eleanor looked at her phone one more time, "It's Tuesday, isn't it? If we leave now, we should be able to catch up with him before he reaches the locker rooms. He has practice in like twenty minutes."

The fact that she knew his schedule down to the minutes should have been alarming, but I had seen her obsess over him for about two whole months the same way. Frankly, at this point, I was so over it. The crazy obsession with this god crafted man was not misplaced as long as it remained a mindless fantasy, but Eleanor was convinced that Noah was a 'nice' person despite all the rumors about him. They made out at a party once, before she had lost all her spine, and then ended up losing her virginity to him.

It was no secret that Noah Sterling had the looks to match his father's bank account. It pissed me off that the richest of people were the ones who never had an acne trouble in their whole life. Noah Sterling had clear creamy skin, and brown fine hair that he was always running his hands through, giving them a messy but attractive look nevertheless. Noah Sterling was the face claim for every YA Romance novel I could have picked up at a store, except that the similarities ended there. There was no sweet, vulnerable boy that was hiding behind the cold exterior, Noah Sterling was an arsehole, through and through.

"Let's go then," Sophie exhaled sharply, "I'm going to hell if Alex is there."

I rolled my eyes. Right, we had to be worried about Alex too. Sometimes it felt like a blessing to be single and happily un-entangled with any men around me.