chapter eleven - nevele retpahc

Start from the beginning

I nudged further into the trunk and found a change of clothes.  Relieved, I began stripping so I could toss my burnt garments.

“Woah, woah.” Grim waved his hands as my shirt flew over my head.  “Honey.”  He did a husbandly nudge in Isaac’s direction. “We have kids here.”

“He’s not the only kid here,” I hinted at Grim, glancing up and down his figure.

Taking time to catch on, his brows pointed inwards and defended, “I’m not a child!”

“Then shut up,” I simply said and unbuckled my shorts.

“It’s negative thirty outside and you’re—”

“Demons hardly feel anything,” I countered, stepping out of the puddle of clothes. 

Redness blew up on Isaac’s face and although he wanted to glance away, he accidentally roamed over my undergarments. The cheese puffs hit the floor.    

“There’s nothing wrong with being proud of your feminine side,” I said, shimmying into the black spandex looking suit.  Pulling it past my waist, I gave a little smirk and added, “Shouldn’t you guys be gearing up too?” 

Isaac heated up again, rapidly nodded, took an abrupt step forward, slipped on a cheese puff and landed smack on his butt. 

Grim responding with his own smirk, dug through the duffel, and changed into a black jacket and cargo pants. 

Soon we were ready to venture into Earth’s worst nightmare, weapons firmly strapped onto our bodies. 

I glimpsed at Isaac as he snuggled his shoulders into the denim jacket. “You look cute in normal clothes.” 

He pushed up his glasses, and blushed. “Thank you.”

Grim yanked on his vest strap and told Isaac, ”Now that you already have some demon souls in your system, you should have a little power.” 

I placed the last dagger in my jacket.  “Grim, I don’t think—”

He held his hand up to silence me. “No. The guy might actually have some use.” He nudged Isaac towards the abandoned sword stabbed in the dirt.  It looked like it weighed more than two of me.  “Lift that.” 

Isaac nibbled on his lip and quietly sloshed through the snow, standing above the four foot sword.  Hands glued to his sides, Grim barked a, “Go!” and he awkwardly wrapped his hands on the ribbon handle.  Digging  a foot in the ground, he heaved on the weapon, pulling harder but not getting anywhere.

Grim smirked, watching Isaac barely nudge the weapon.  “I knew he couldn’t—”

Shing!

The sword flung out of Isaac’s hands and pinned Grim by the shirt to the door behind him. 

Shock overruled my body and I just stared at Grim who shared the exact same reaction.  Isaac seemed to be in panic and hobbled to Grim, arms flailing in attempt to move fast along the snow.  “Sorry, sorry, sorry!” By the time he reached him, he took out the sword and started dusting my ex’s shoulders.  “I-I-I didn’t—”

“Don’t apologize, you dipshit!” I cackled and slapped Isaac on the back. 

Grim was glaring at him, and shoved him away, dusting the snow off his shoulders himself. He ignored the slash the sword left in his jacket and was mumbling, walking towards the portal. 

Sticking with Isaac as we lagged behind, a huge smile wouldn’t wipe off my mouth. I handed over the sword he lifted.  “You did good back there. The demons are making you stronger.”