Scarlett handed her over and after their goodbyes, they walked to their car in silence.

She glanced sideways at the man she didn't really feel like calling her boyfriend because Ace Hardwood didn't seem like the kind of man who took the title boyfriend. He seemed far too dignified for that. She smiled looking at him. There was a smile that was threatening to break out on to his face, but he was controlling himself because they weren't in the privacy of their own home.

Knowing full well that she wasn't going to get anything out of him until they were home, she opted for the charged silence that they shared on the car ride home.

The only thing Ace did was reach for her hand, bring it up to his lips and kiss the back of it before proceeding to hold it for the rest of the drive.

Scarlett enjoyed being loved the way she was. It was understated and demure, but it was perfect.

Ace never thought it necessary to show her off in an ostentatious way. He simply allowed her to be herself amongst the people he associated. She had never been allowed to feel that free and she finally was.

Ace loved her in the way that she deserved to be loved.

The same way that she loved him.

She cared for her workaholic partner, forcing snacks down his throat while they worked together, harmoniously, him doing his various business dealings and her going through her Bachelors in Social Work, exactly the way that she had planned.

It was the perfect balance of their quiet, loving life.

As fiery as Scarlett was, she wouldn't exchange the love, warmth, steadiness and safeness that Ace was able to give her for the world. She loved the way that he cared for her, in his own practical, romantic way.

They rode home in their comfortable silence. Even in the elevator ride up to their penthouse, Ace was quiet, but he didn't, even for a moment, let go of her hand. Scarlett knew that this was Ace's way of showing public affection. He brushed his thumb across the back of her hand and squeezed it, making Scarlett smile.

As they entered the house, Scarlett walked in behind Ace and turned to close the door.

She had just turned back around to walk in, when she was trapped between Ace's strong arms, his hands pressed against the door behind her. He was staring down at her, his enchanting green eyes glistening.

Scarlett's heart raced in anticipation. The way Ace was staring at her excited her. She bit her lip.

Ace noticed the movement the way he noticed everything that she did.

Moving his head closer, his mouth found his favourite spot at the base of her neck that always managed to coax moans out of her. Barely touching her, he gently kissed the reddened skin that had caught Cassie's interest.

Scarlett inhaled sharply, her palms pressing against the door behind her.

"Tell me, Scarlett." Ace's voice was soft, but deep and it caused Scarlett's heart to race even more. When Ace used her full name, Scarlett realized, he was feeling particularly roguish. When he called her "Sky", their moments were soft.

Scarlett exhaled audibly and waited to hear what he would say.

"Does this bug of your bother you a lot?"

Ace's lips trailed up and down the side of her neck, touching, but not touching at the same time, teasing her until Scarlett's insides were screaming for him to do something.

Never one to show any sort of weakness, Scarlett laughed softly.

She moved her head so that Ace looked at her and stared into his eyes.