08: 'That's the road I want to travel...'

a.n:

I'm back on top of the schedule now! So here's the new chapter, next one will be next Monday :) not too many left now, maybe 3/4.

This one is all super cute I hope you enjoy the cuteness - also please appreciate I wrote half of this after watching the angst and sadness of 4x03 so please pray for my emotional state right now hahah

4x03 - yes my poor little heart - Melanie Scrofano is a beautiful, talented, smart, caring, sweet and creative genius who deserves the entire world and I love her. Oh and give Kat Barrell an Emmy thanksssss!

-------------------------------

in this chapter...

Wynonna tells Waverly and Nicole what she's just discovered...
Wayhaught fluff... and lots of it...
Someone gets a surprise party...

-------------------------------

"Wynonna you have one job, if you fuck this up I will have you arrested for uh, I don't know, but it won't be hard to find something." Nicole muttered, leaning back on the pillows they'd piled up on the homestead floor.

"What if I like that?" Wynonna smirked, tipping back her cup of coffee.

Nicole's eyes widened and she shook her head. "I am literally a day away from proposing to your sister, are you freaking kidding?" She sipped her beer at a much more reasonable pace.

With a snort, Nicole grabbed the mug and pulled it away to stop the fidgeting. "Are you seriously telling me you wanted us to make a big show of this?" She raised a brow over her beer can.

"Smart ass." The brunette mumbled now fiddling with the cuff of her leather jacket.

Sitting up a little on the cushions, Nicole tilted her head with a gentle smile. "Seriously though, how are you feeling about it all."

Wynonna shrugged, letting her mind drift for a moment back to how she'd felt when she found out...

Scattered over the bathroom floor, all positive, twenty seven pregnancy tests. Twenty seven, every single one they had at the store. She couldn't stay in the bathroom any longer; it was freezing, but her entire body felt like it was burning, she had to get out, to go somewhere - anywhere. There was only one person she wanted to see, one person who wouldn't force her to make a decision, who wouldn't judge her or tell anyone else: her sister.

Sitting on the cold steps of her sister's house, she started regretting not thinking through any of her decisions. She'd run out of the house and sped here without thinking and now she was freezing her gorgeous ass off on the stone steps, without her phone and unable to call her sister. Despite all of that she couldn't leave. There was no where to go. She couldn't go home, all of the tests had been left in her bathroom, she couldn't see them again. She couldn't tell Doc, what if he wanted to keep it... or what if he didn't want to keep it. Either way she didn't want the answer. She would have told Nicole, but she would be with Waverly anyway. The only place she had to be, the only place she wanted to be, was developing a mild case of hypothermia on the freezing step of her sister and best friend's house.

As if on cue, the squad car rolled up to the driveway and Wynonna leapt up, sprinting over to her sister. "Waves, I really need to speak to you babygirl." She pleaded and Waverly's eyes widened as she looked over to Nicole quickly.

The redhead stepped past them both, handing Waverly the keys to her squad car. "I'll go inside and feed Whiskey and CJ and let you talk." She kissed Waverly's cheek and and nodded with a small smile at Wynonna, walking past and through the front door.