She nodded her head gratefully, an easy get away for the both of them. They both excused themselves from the table before heading inside. Christina greedily took in the clear air, the sweet scents only lingering enough to kept a small tingle in the back of her throat.

"You're doing great," Carlisle complimented as he landed a kiss on the side of her head.

"It's getting a little harder as the night goes on," she admitted. She lightly rubbed her throat as she remembered the burn.

Carlisle grabbed her hand before pulling her upstairs and past their room. They're bags were already pre-packed from Alice, and they were sitting in the corner of the room, waiting for their trip. Christina's eyes continued forward as they walked into Carlisle's office. He continued to lead them into the back, were his medical supplies were located, before opening the cooler on the counter.

He grabbed the bag of blood before handing it over to Christina. A new burn settled in her throat as she looked at the bag in his hand, before shaking her head.

"It's animal blood," Carlisle explained, continuing to hold the bag out. "We collected some last night during our hunt. For emergencies."

Christina bit her lip as she grabbed onto the bag. This was the part of herself that she hated— the bloodlust was almost impossible to fight as the blood was in her hand. She opened the cap at the top of the bag, before bringing the tube to her mouth— her eyes flickered up towards Carlisle. He just nodded his head in encouragement.

As soon as the cooled blood reached her tongue, her eyes fluttered closed. The blood wasn't as sweet as she knew the humans were outside; but it was enough. She could easily survive without the sweet blood, because she knew that sweetness became regret and sorrow really fast.

The bag became flat as she sucked it dry. The elk's blood was enough to settle her bloodlust, and calm down the burning in her throat from being surrounded by humans.

"Thank you," she whispered.

He grabbed the empty bag from her grasp before throwing it back into the cooler to dispose of later. He leaned down and captured her lips into a kiss, tasting the lingering blood. She moaned softly as he pulled her bottom lip in between his teeth, capturing the rest of the blood on her mouth. As he pulled away from her, he watched as her now exposed auburn eyes darkened.

"You're playing a dangerous game," she muttered, staring at his lips again.

"Come," he muttered holding his hand out with a sly grin. "Alice is looking for us." She growled lowly making him chuckle in response.

"Dangerous," she groaned as they walked back downstairs. "Game."

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

        Christina ducked her head under Carlisle's arm as the surrounding people threw rice at the happily married couple. She's going to be picking rice out of her hair for days, she wanted to internally groan— but she was in too much of a good mood for that. Her eyes caught sight of her family at the end of the line, and a smile graced her face as she fast-walked to Bella first.

They met for a hug as Carlisle let go of Christina's hand to go say goodbye to his kids.

"Don't let Alice bully you while you both finish wedding preparations," Christina muttered in her ear. "If she gives you a hard time, call me."