"Thank you for inviting us," David said, bouncing Annie on his knee as she giggled.

"It's our pleasure to have you," Carlisle said as he bowed his head in greeting.

"It's so nice to finally meet you," Connie gushed as Carlisle and David shook hands. "Christina's told us a lot about you."

If the mother could blush she would. She didn't miss the sly smile Carlisle sent her way as she looked around the party, trying to find her next distraction. "Oh, look, there's Darien. It was so nice to see you guys, I'll be sure to come say goodbye before we leave tonight."

Christina let go of Carlisle's hand as she ran into the crowd, leaving the three of them laughing. Annie jumped off her grandfather's lap before following after her mother. Carlisle bowed his head before following after his wife with a smile gracing his lips. Annie turned brightly before clinging onto Carlisle's hand as he reached the two of them.

"He's good for her," David mentioned, watching the new family.

"Jonathon would be happy for her," Connie agreed with a matching smile.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

        "Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time for the first dance!" Alice announced into the mic that was set up next to the DJ station.

The surrounding people clapped their hands as Alice announced the happy couple. They spread out to make room on the dance floor, but still being able to see the first dance of the night.

Carlisle gently grabbed Christina's hand, pulling her up to the dance floor. Her undead heart throbbed as she glanced into his eyes. She had never seen Carlisle's eyes shine so bright than they did tonight— she was sure her eyes were the same. She was only slightly annoyed at the fact the contacts blurred her vision. She wanted to remember every single detail there was to see.

"Have I told you that you looked absolutely stunning tonight?" Carlisle whispered as he spun the two of them around in a circle.

Christina smiled brightly up at him. "I thought those words sounded familiar," she joked. "You don't look so bad yourself, handsome."

A crooked smile settled on his lips. "I can't thank you enough." She raised her eyebrow in question. "For coming into my life... allowing me to get to know you and Annie... allowing me to have a chance at being a father to her. I know I could never replace Jonathon in either of your hearts."

Christina shook her head, feeling a sob reach her throat at Carlisle's words. She swallowed it down as she leaned her head against his shoulder. "You patched the hole he left behind, and for that I can't thank you enough." She pulled back and looked up into his eyes again. "You've given me a beautiful life, there's no other life that I would want to live. Not if it didn't involve you or Annie."

"It's a wonderful life, Mrs. Cullen." He leaned down and landed a kiss on her lips softly. "I love you," he muttered around the shape of her lips.

"I love you," she muttered back— and for the second time that night she forgot they were surrounded by tens of people. She forgot that they were both immortal beings that survived on blood; forgot the tingle that rested in her throat from the different smells around her. Her entire focus was on Carlisle, and the way he moved, the way he smelt— the way he tasted. She was entirely addicted to him, she almost couldn't believe she lived so long without him in her life.