Chapter 18

Ginny proved worthy warrior ones she accepted her fate and joined fangs of Shadows. She rose in ranks in Fangs of shadows faster than other first years. She still have problems with her family, but other Gryffindors stopped attacking her seeing how ruthlessly she retaliate. Snakes also started considering her one of their own. As days passed her confidence returned.

Hadrian started preparing for OWLs along with Draco and Hermione. Both of them got approval to skip. Draco literally harassed his god father Professor Snape with constant nagging, which compelled him to convince Albus and Ministry's approval was never an issue for Draco as Ministers is in dip pockets of Lucius. Hermione played woman card first then want to prove that Gryffindor is better than Slytherin to convience Minerva. With strong backing from both Albus and Minerva she also doesn't need to fear rejection from ministry. All three of them got approval. During one of meetings between Albus and Hadrian, Albus revealed about Diary being Horcrux but never answered what it means. He said Professor Slughorn can help him with the topic. Hadrian has already researched enough information about it with help of Hermione. He had hidden diary in bottom of his trunk.

Ministry got started showing interest in Hogwarts, they wanted closer look on disappearance of defense teachers. They also got pressure from parents how can they have monsters like 3 headed dog or Basilisk or trolls in school. Also why boy-who-lived and 2 children from prominent pure blood family want to skip years? So to dictate things they need to put someone from ministry in school. They send Umbridge to be new DADA professor. However Hadrian, Draco and Hermione already got permission from Headmaster, Deputy Headmaster and Head of their house to skip any or all lectures they want since they need to Prepare for higher year before her arrival. If they need help they can ask for respective professors for suggestion or tutoring based on Professor's availability.

From very first lesson, Hadrian understood that Umbridge's lessons won't be any useful so he along with 2 generals showed her their permission letter mentioning they won't be able to attend her classes anymore like others. They just came in first lecture to inform and greet her. She can't do anything so just nodded. As slytherin King he passed new rule for Slytherin: "keep head down and complete all work given by Dolores Umbridge as no one knows her intention. Also she represents ministry so any confrontation with her, she can send your family letter about your behavior on behalf of ministry. That can bring shame to your family and I don't need to tell you what your parents do to you for such disgrace."

As decided, Next day Hadrian called general meeting in room of requirement as it was middle of year. He asked everyone to be present including ones who wish to join. But don't bring those in dilemma as he doesn't want their secret hiding places become public knowledge.

Hadrian: "Good morning everyone and welcome new members. Fangs of shadows is serious business. Take your membership seriously, this is not some fun club. Remember shadows work behind the scene. So it's important that no one can catch us. Also understand that no one can escape when shadow sharpens their fangs. As you know, I am Slytherin King and ruler of our group. We have 10 generals in our group. Neville will be contact point for Gryffindors, Luna will be contact point for Ravenclaws and Cedric will be contact point for Hufflepuff. Theo, Daphne and Tracey will be contact point for Slytherins as we have many Slytherins in this group. Blaise and Pansy are law enforcer for everyone. We never forced anyone against their free will, but loyalty is utmost important for this group. Now this is last general meeting I will be attending this year. I will be busy along with two of my generals Hermione and Draco on other important things, so we might not be available on general meetings. However don't think it as free pass. My eyes will be on everything. I will not go easy on anyone who disrespect my court or my rules. Am I clear?"
Then he released his magic in room. Everyone started shaking with fear. They all shouted in unison: "Yes"
Hadrian rolled back his magic: "Yesterday I have been in lessons of New DADA professor; I can tell you that you won't be doing any practical lessons in her classes. I ask you all to remain low and try to avoid any confrontation with her to play safe in hands of Ministry. I understand we need to practice to be strong and I want my group to be most powerful so Two Sunday in a month I along with my Generals will train every member of our Group based on their skills in DADA. It will be practical lessons in this room. Attendance is compulsory. I also don't want you to talk about our lessons or activities to anyone to avoid information leakage. Those of new members who are not interested can come forward and leave. If you don't leave today it will be counted as you will be permanent member."
No one came forward.
Hadrian: "Good. Draco, how many members we have in total including new ones?"
Draco:"40 my king. 20 Snakes, 12 Ravens, 8 Lions and 5 Badgers"
Hadrian nodded and then they all discussed few things.

Things become hectic as end of year came near. There was no major event during this duration. Hadrian kept meeting Amara time to time. At end of year, after giving OWLs for 2nd and 5th year Draco and Hermione took breath of relief. For Hadrian it was business as usual but both his generals have to use time turner many times to catch up and study. Lucius gave Draco time turner stealing it from ministry saying MALFOY can't fail. Hermione got one from McGonagall saying she can't see her loose. If two Slytherin boys make it and only Gryffindor girl loses that will bring shame to her house, which she would never allow. They both were so exhausted that they want nothing more than sleep whole summer.

Hadrian took long walk to check things. When he was passing through kitchen he heard two hufflepuff boys crying and saying how DADA professor used blood Quill on them.