part two.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS
THAT ABOUT THEN?"

"ONE OF US WAS GONNA
GET ARRESTED, DIPSHIT".

☔︎︎

☔︎︎

...."diego, it's nice to meet you."
"well, diego, you got a place to stay?", i asked him, causing his smile to turn into a straight line.
"nope."
"so you travelled over here without thinking of a place to stay?"
"yes, um..", he started, cutting himself off for a moment as he tried to gather the courage to ask me his next question. "..mind if i stay with you for a while?"

i paused for a moment. "how would my unstable, alcoholic dad react to another person living in the same place as him? i mean, it is my apartment, so i could just kick him out, but that wouldn't go very well at all. i suppose he isn't in for a majority of the day, so I could just get diego to hide when he stumbles in. do i even want diego living with me? i literally only know his name. and it could be a fake name! but he seems nice enough. but he could be crazy"
these thoughts battled my mind for the next few seconds before they were interrupted by the sounds of police sirens.

"yes, yes you can, just follow me" i rushed, grabbing his hand and leading him round the corner.
"where are we-"
"just shut up and follow me!!"
i led the boy to an alley, about eleven blocks away, before sitting him down next to me against the cold, brick wall.

"what the fuck was that about then?", he asked, a look of anger and confusion written all over his tanned face.
"one of us was gonna get arrested, dipshit", i spat, as diego looked down to the toes of his boots.
"how do you-" i cut him off again.
"well you just stabbed someone and they've been chasing after me for a year"
"what for?"
"i'll explain later, just follow me. my apartments only about a block away". and with that we were off, calmly sneaking ourselves back into my cheap apartment making little to no noise.

"where will i sleep?", asked diego once we had safely made it to my room.
"uhh, you can take my bed if you like, i'll take the couch". our eyes locked, and an awkward silence held in the air as we both waited for eachother to speak up. thankfully, he did.

"maybe we could share the bed? i mean it's fair that way right?"
"i hardly know a thing about you. im not going to just share a bed with you"
"but-"
"maybe later", i said with a smirk as i closed the bedroom door and made myself comfy on the beaten, leather couch.

a/n
hey!! sorry this part wasn't
the best but i promise it's going to get
so so much better! lmk if you think
i should add anything <3