part one.

"HEY, UH, COULD YOU TELL
ME WHERE I AM PLEASE?"

"YOU'RE IN A COMPLETE
SHITHOLE, THATS WHERE"

☔︎︎

☔︎︎

⚠️warning⚠️
season 2 spoilers

i sighed, as i heard my dad stumble inside after his daily trip to the bar. he had been going there every night for the past two years after my stepmom died. we were never told how she had passed, just that there had been an "accident", and that the doctors were "unable to explain it".

i looked over to the clock on my bedside table - 2:58am. he was home earlier than usual. i quickly stubbed out my cigarette as i heard his loud footsteps make their way to his room.

"hey dad", i said, taking a look at his drunken state through the crack in my door. his hair was a mess, his cheek was cut and he was only wearing one shoe. he locked his heavy eyes with mine, mumbled a "goodnight" and headed off to his bed. within five minutes, he was fast asleep, his snores echoing the thin walls of our cheap apartment.

slowly and quietly, i threw on my shoes and grabbed my keys and a box of cigarettes. i made my way to the front door, picking up a five dollar bill from the living room table before sneaking my way out of our apartment building.

i lit a cigarette, taking a drag as i made my way down the street. oh, how i loved city at night. it was so peaceful, yet it made me feel so alive. the stars were bright, like plastic diamonds stuck on a dollar store necklace, and the moon lit up even the darkest of alleyways.

i kept my stride down the road, walking past the avon theatre and several shops when something caught my eye. it looked like a flash of lightning, but it had just appeared in mid air. before i knew it, it was gone.

i heard a scream, and turned my attention to a short, older woman, who was being tugged on by an taller, stronger man. soon after, another man in all black came running from the same area i had previously seen the mysterious beam of light, clutching a knife tightly in his hand before throwing it at the stronger man.

i felt breathless just watching the scene unravel in front of me. a wave of shock took over my body, and i froze in place, trying to process what i had just scene. who was the man with the knife, and where the hell did he come from? nobody dressed like that in dallas, that's for sure.

as if he could read my mind, he began to make his way towards me. i inhaled one last drag of nicotine into my lungs before throwing the cancer-stick on the floor and crushing it with my shoe. i looked up at the man, who was now in front of me.

"hey, uh, could you tell me where i am please?" he asked, his mocha-brown eyes melting into my (y/e/c) ones.

"you're in a complete shithole, that's where". i eyed him up and down, an aura of fake-confidence surrounding my frame as i spoke up. "you're not from around here, are you?"

"no, how...how could you tell?"

"well you're dressed like a fucking superhero and you just asked me where you were"

the latino boy infront of me moved his gaze from my eyes to his feet, causing a feeling of guilt to spread through my veins.

"sorry, um, im y/n and you're in dallas". i offered the boy a hand and his face met mines, a smile plastered on it as he grabbed my hand back.

"diego, it's nice to meet you".

a/n
thank you for reading!! hope you enjoyed and
please leave any feedback you have <3