Episode 16 - The Truth Behind a Banana's Peel

Start from the beginning

Yuuta: Got it.

As Yuuta continues eating his meal, Kanami spoke up.

Kanami: Yuuta.

Yuuta: Hm? What's up, Kana?

Kanami: About what you said earlier about the cherry blossom trees outside. How did they motivate you to continue your training?

After Yuuta put his miso soup down, he began to speak in a more serious tone.

Yuuta: Well... my grandpa taught me the way of the sword back when I was a little kid. Everyday, everytime he trained me, he always bring me to a spot full of cherry blossom trees.

Kanami: Is that so?

Yuuta: Yeah. He said that place helps you clear your mind and soothes the soul, or something like that. He even taught me a very important lesson about those trees.

Kanami: A lesson?

Yuuta: Uh huh. It's pretty much the same in this world, but gramps said that cherry blossoms represent the manner of life itself. As you can see the one outside, it looks so beautiful after it just blossomed. But overtime, in just a few days or weeks, the flowers will start to die town. Kind of ironic that something that looks pretty will just fade away easily in a blink of an eye.

This surprised Kanami, as flashbacks started to play of her past life of playing with her brother Setsuna, as well of seeing him leaving her.

Kanami looks sad after being reminded of her past of losing the only family she ever had.

Kanami: Yes... because nothing in this world lasts forever.

Yuuta: But, it represents that we should live our lives to the fullest. Spend every single minute in the present, even if it's only a little bit. Some might say it sucks, but not on my case. I think it's beautiful.

Kanami: ...?

Yuuta: Sure the moments don't last long. But, we keep those memories within our hearts. Let's us remind how they filled us with happiness and joy, pushing us into making new memories.

Kanami: Yuuta...

Yuuta: Heh, I think living life to the fullest in the time we have, is the greatest part for being alive.

Kanami was again surprised Yuuta would say something like that, that she begins to smile to him.

Yuuta: Hm? Is something wrong?

Kanami: *shakes head*No. It's just what you said was wonderful.

Yuuta: Oh come on Kana, you're gonna make me blush.

Kanami: *giggles*

Kanami then turned to see the cherry blossom outside. Then she began to speak.