I Can't Lose You! Pt.1

JJ's POV

"Come here Kie," I yell as I motion towards the back of the boat. We are on the HMS Pogue for the hundredth time of the week. Pope, John B, Kie, and I. I wish it was only me and Kie. I want to talk to her about her birthday. It is tomorrow and I have saved up money for this amazing gift. It is a necklace with a sea turtle on it. I have it in my room, just to be sure she doesn't get a peek.

"Whyyyy," she complains from near Pope and John B, "it is so farrr!"

"Kie, I will get you over here, even if I have to give you a piggy-back ride," I laughed then they did too.

She didn't move, but held out her arms. She has drank a lot and I know she is kind of drunk, so I won't tell her about the necklace yet.

I move towards her and kneel down to pick her up.

"JJ are you really carrying her, who is clearly drunk, on an open boat," Pope asked drunk as hell. I guess I am the only sober one. Sarah would be the fourth intoxicated one, but since Ward was arrested, she had to visit him and settle some stuff. John B wanted to go, but couldn't according to the law.

"Don't worry, we are only in the bay, and I have her safe and, FUCK," I cut myself off as I dropped her.

She fell into the water with a splash, then disappeared.

"JJ, what the fuck man," Pope yelled as Kie fell in.

I began taking off my shirt, and jumped in looking for her. The bay water was slightly rough, and waves crashed against the tiny boat. I looked everywhere but can't seem to find her. "Guys, I can't find her," I say coming up for air.

I am so screwed. I was going to tell her that I had feelings for her, then I go and pull a Ward. I hate myself. I just killed a drunk girl. As I am about go under water again, I hear muffled coughs. They are faint, and the sound of drunk Pope and high John B aren't helping. I look to my left and see Kiara, struggling, gasping for air. I swam as fast as possible to her. I picked her up and lay her down on the boat. she is coughing and gasping. I grab my phone and look up 'how to save a drowning girl'.

I do my best, following the instructions. About a minute later, she coughs one last gulp of water and then she finally has life in her face. It is no longer gray and dull, but bright and confused.

"What the fuck happened," she slurred, clearly still drunk.

I pulled her into a hug. "Don't ever try and leave me again, " I whispered, kissing her head. I guess the thought of losing her was scary. She is the only one who understands me. I can be me around her. I love her so much, and I am going to tell her, but when she is sober. For now, I just have her sit next to me while I steer us back to John B's house. John B and Pope are passed out in the back, and kiara is sitting next to me in her yellow bikini. She looks at me and I look back. "JJ, I am cold," she breaks the silence that had been looming throughout the entire ride to the house.

"Kie we are almost there-," before I could finish, I feel her hands wrap around my waist.

"That's better," she says as she looks up at me and smiles. I would like to say that it's dangerous to drive a boat while a girl is wrapped around her waist, but I like it. I feel these little tingly things, firework like. I don't know how to explain it but I like them. My heart rate quickened as her face lay close to a 'SPOT' and I am shocked that she keeps it there. After about five minutes of Kie wrapped around my waist, we arrive at the Cheatue.

"Okay, okay," I patted her head, "since they are asleep and you are a wake, you are going inside."
"No it's too farrr," she slurred half asleep and fully drunk.