going to be okay • a. reeves

Start from the beginning

We've been sitting here for about an hour. My phone is blowing up, I forgot that I was supposed to go to Sway today, of course I was. My head is laying on my arm of the couch as we watch Sponge Bob, she put it on and I honestly appreciate it. It's helping... some. It's a nice distraction.

Her phone starts ringing it and she glances at it, before glancing up at me biting her lip like she not sure. She seems to decide to ask, as she says,

"Are you going to be okay if I take this?" I nod softly, my headache from crying preventing anymore. She gets up and walks into the next room.

I don't hear much of the conversation, and I don't really try, but towards the end I hear, "Anthony she doesn't want-... Fine. Whatever," making my heart sink. He's coming. He can't see me like this. Tears begin rolling down my face again, as I attempt to get off the couch. I walk towards the door, limping from just general exhaustion, getting halfway there before I hear, "No! Greta you're not leaving! I gotta go, bye!" Before she runs over and I fall into her arms again.

"How c-can I face him-im like thi-this? He can't kno-know why! Avani I d-don't know wh-what to d-do!" She just hold my shaking fame, rubbing my back, shaking her head.

-

Anthony POV

"Why wouldn't she have come? She was supposed to be her two hours ago!" I say pacing, calling Greta for the 7th time. I send her another text before looking up toward Bryce, Josh, and Jaden.

"We have no idea where she is man. But she wouldn't ditch on you." Jaden says, returning to his phone.

"She'll probably show up soon Ant, she's, like, never late," Josh looks up at me, smiling before going back to playing with Buddy.

"But what if she doesn't. You're right, she's never late, so why is she now?" I say, still pacing, gripping my phone.

"Why don't you call Kouvr or Avani or someone? They probably know where she is," Bryce yells from the other room.

"Not a bad idea Ant," Jaden says from the couch. I look down to my phone, dialing Avani's number. It takes a second, but she picks up.

"Hey, what?" She says, almost cautiously. 

"Greta was supposed to be at my house over an hour ago, where is she?" I hear her suck in a breath, "What Avani, what is going on?"

"So Anthony, um, Greta showed up her in an Uber like... 20 minutes ago and..." She fades off, as if she doesn't want to tell me.

"Avani! What the hell is going on?!"

"She showed up with a black eye, and I'm pretty sure she has more bruises under her sweat shirt. But Ant-" I cut her off

"WHAT!" Who hits a 16 year old girl?! "What do you mean she just showed up with a black eye?!" I see the boys all shoot up when I say that.

"I just opened the door and she basically collapsed onto me. She's not doing well, but she really-" I don't let me finish once again, saying,

"I'm coming to get her."

"Anthony she doesn't want-"

"Either I come get her or you bring her here." I say, firmly, angry beyond belief now.

"Fine, whatever."

"Good. We'll be there in ten." I signal to the boys to go to the car.

"She really doesn't want-" she stops suddenly and before I can ask, she yells, "No! Greta you're not leaving! I gotta go, bye!" before suddenly hanging up. My eyes wide, looking at my phone screen to see that she did actually hang up.