- 11. Nightmares

Wednesday, December 14, 1976

It was 4 AM and I heard groans and the bed moved. I immediately turned on my night light. There was Roger, pulling his blanket off his body. He was sweating and blisteringly hot.

"Let her go!" I heard Roger scream.  Roger was crying in his sleep. I gently pulled on his arm to see if he woke up.  Fortunately, Roger woke up. He rubbed his eyes and was terribly out of breath.

When Roger saw me, he immediately hugged me. "Kim, I'm so shocked!" Roger said. I got out of bed to get Roger a glass of water. "What happened?" I asked.

Roger took a drink of water and lay down. "Dreams, it was another nightmare." Roger said in a sleepy voice. I immediately hugged Roger, "Not again?" I asked. Roger nodded and put the glass of water on his bedside table.

Roger sighed and wiped the sweat from his head. "Yes, I dreamed that you were raped by a terrible man!" Roger said.  My heart was torn inside. "What happened then?" I asked. Roger sighed and lay down, "That you were dead, the hearse came to get you and I was left alone."

I was shocked by what Roger had dreamed. I immediately gave him a big hug again! "Honey, try to sleep better now." I said to Roger who was biting his nails. Roger sighed again and shook his head. "As if that will work." He said. I pulled out an exciting book, "This one?"  I asked. I read a story for Roger.

"There is no such thing, this swan cannot turn into a girl!" I read. Roger closed his eyes. I yawned and I fell asleep. Roger kept whispering my name. But he realized I was asleep.

Roger's POV 👇🏻

Kim slept so beautifully, like a real princess. Unfortunately I try not to fall asleep all night, I just had a nightmare that changed my life.

I took the book from Kim's hands and put it back in the cupboard. I turned off the light and went to the kitchen to make tea.

When I opened the kitchen drawer, there was a box of sleeping pills. When I looked at them I had to take them because I needed to sleep anyway. I filled a glass with water and threw the pill down my throat. I swallowed it immediately.

Immediately the pills started to work, I let the glass of water fall from my hands and I could no longer walk. I couldn't make it to go to bed anymore. So I fell on the couch with a deep sleep.

💤

------

The next morning came, I woke up in my bed. I wanted to say good morning to Roger, but he was gone. I got up to see where he was, maybe he was making breakfast.

When I put on my bathrobe I walked into the living room, there was Roger on the couch. He was asleep and drool came out of his mouth. In the kitchen I saw that a glass of water had fallen.

"Roger, Roger, wake up sweetheart."  I whispered. Roger opened his eyes and yawned. "I am going already." He sighed. He put on his clothes and I made him a cup of tea.

"Why is there broken glass on the floor?" I asked Roger surprised while clearing the glass. "I was so terribly tired last night, I got so weak that I dropped the glass from my hands." Roger said as he opened the trash can for me. "Roger, should I call the doctor for you?"I asked. Roger shook his head and took a piece of cheese from the fridge, "No thanks, not again."

"But you sleep badly for weeks, you should do something about this, right?" I said while washing my hands. Roger nodded, "I know, my love, but I want to try to save myself." Roger said. I sighed, "A bad sleep can kill you." I said when I stared at the floor.

"Don't worry, tonight I'll call the doctor for an appointment." Roger said as he put his arm around me. I nodded, "Please do, you can get some tips that will help you." I said. Roger laughed and squeezed my ass, "Ouch, Roger?" I screamed.  Roger ran off playing a joke.  "You can't catch me!" Roger laughed.