- 3. An Evening At The Pub

Wednesday, May 15, 1970

It was a warm Wednesday afternoon, we had found a nice spot for a picnic. I was between Roger's legs, we enjoyed the lovely sun.

"There are no beautiful moments like this!" Roger said. I nodded and gave Roger a big kiss. Roger sipped his water.  I walked to the other side of the lawn to pick daisies.

I had a hand full of daisies, I walked to where Roger was. He lay on his back to enjoy the weather and the beautiful singing of the birds.

"I'll take you to the pub tonight, would you like that?" Roger asked. I nodded, "Yes of course." I doubted. I never go to a pub, I've never been there. But if Roger asks, of course!

"Great, Freddie Brian and John are there too." Roger said as he gave a bite of a cake. "Nice, but one thing, Roger." I said. Roger looked at me with a firm look, "What?" He asked. "Well, I'd rather not have you drunk." I replied.

"Sweetheart, didn't I promise I wouldn't drink again?" Roger laughed. I peeled the banana, "I know, but I said it as a reminder." I replied with my mouth full of banana. "Wait and see, this is going to be very nice." Roger said, he got up and stretched.

We were full of food, it started to get terribly hot. "It's so hot in the sun, I want to go home." I asked. Roger nodded and cleaned up the things. "We are going home, then you take a nice cold shower." Roger said with a heavy bag on his back.

In the car, it was even warmer. I could barely breathe. Roger and I's faces were tomato red. "Don't worry honey, we'll be home soon!" Roger said. On the way on the road, the windows of the car were wide open. "Lovely, isn't that breeze?"  Roger said. I laughed, "Fantastic!"

We were finally home, "I'll take the bag with me." Roger said. He opened the trunk and picked up the big heavy bag of food leftovers. I opened the apartment door and held it open to Roger. "Thank you, dear princess!"  Roger said, he kissed my forehead.

Roger and I sat down on the couch, "That was fun, wasn't it?" Roger asked.  I replied, "For sure it was fantastic!"

"Where did you put the milk this morning?" I asked while looking in the fridge. "At the bottom, can you see it?"  Roger asked. I laughed, "Yes I see it, oops!" I said. Roger laughed. I poured the milk into a glass and drank it. "I love milk!" I said. "Can I have some?"  Roger asked in a small voice. "Of course, big handsome bear." I replied.  Roger sipped his milk. "Delicious, delicious!"

-------------
5 hours later

Roger and I got out of the car, we had arrived at the busy pub. Through the windows I saw that there were disco lights on, and all the people were dancing.

Roger took my hand and opened the door. "Lovebirds, there you are!"  Freddie shouts from across the bar.  Freddie is holding a glass of beer. Brian and John were also there. "Hi guys, sorry we're a little later."  Roger says as he sits on the bar stool.

"It doesn't matter, it was about you and Kim coming, we had something to celebrate." Freddie says as he sips his beer. "What to celebrate?" Roger asked. There was a brief silence of 5 seconds, "Our friendship of course!" Freddie says.

All people were busy dancing and singing. Freddie, who was in deep conversation with Mary, Brian who called his wife over the house phone, poor Deaky. He didn't feel like partying at all, he just stared ahead.

Roger and I also started dancing to the music, because it was our favorite music that was played there. Roger took my hand and started turning with me tight. The song started playing softly, people walked back to give us the dance floor.