Aphrodite's Decree

Since the dawn of time only males have bore soulmarks on their bodies, staking claim for another mortal soul. Some get the names of other men and some women get them when they're born in the wrong bodies. Some men don't get them at all, either born in the wrong body or destined to live life alone. No one judged or vilified anyone for who they were and who they loved. It became known over time that women were freer with their love than men, they could love anyone as strongly as they love their soulmate so having a soulmark didn't work with women regardless of their sexuality, which placed Bellamy Blake in a huge predicament.

His whole life it was always Bellamy and Clarke, a force to be reckoned with. She was at all of his games and he was at all of her competitions, they spent every moment of every day together since kindergarten and he always assumed that she was his soulmate. Yeah, he got with some girls that followed him around, especially after winning a game at the victory party, he wanted to be ready for when he found out who his soulmate was. He wanted to be prepared for Clarke.

They were each other's first kisses when they were ten and thought it was gross, Bellamy still didn't think girls were cute and cooties were still a thing, but even back then, everything with Clarke just fit. Even his twin sister, Octavia, didn't hate her which was something considering she hated everyone. They even had sleepovers where they all made a fort in the living room and fell asleep watching PG-13 movies neither of their parents allowed but they were on TV so they watched them. Eventually the sleepovers slowed in high school, or Bellamy wouldn't be invited to the Griffin house to stay the night, begrudgingly leaving his sister and Clarke around nine or after the movie and walked the half mile home alone. They always called him though, or rather Clarke did. Octavia would make comments about how they should just "get married already" but Bellamy still didn't have his soulmark. He wasn't worried, it arrived between the ages of fifteen and twenty-five and had no important meaning when it appeared. At least none that any scientist could figure out.

He knew getting into the same college as Clarke didn't mean that either of them would go, she got into Ivy Leagues and had the money, where as Bellamy could barely scrounge up enough money to apply. He did try for grants and scholarships, some scouts looked into him for soccer and baseball but none spoke to him about anything. He thought college would be a wash until Jake Griffin came to him and offered a loan, the Griffins would pay the minimum of the loan through his four years of college if he looked after their daughter while they were away as well as keeping his grades at a B average. It wasn't a difficult choice to make.

For the next three years, it was Bellamy and Clarke... Bellamy with Roma and Clarke... Bellamy and Clarke with Finn... Bellamy and Clarke and Raven (platonically)... Bellamy with Gina and Clarke... Bellamy with Gina and Clarke with Lexa... Bellamy and Clarke with Lexa... Bellamy with Echo and Clarke (sometimes with Lexa). They acquired a decent number of friends as well as romantic partners, Bellamy's closest friend after Clarke would be Miller and then Murphy, he had a soft spot for Monty and by extension Jasper, Clarke and Raven hit it off and while Bellamy was dating Gina, Raven and Gina got close so Gina was still around everyone once in a while but she had friends of her own she hung out with more. Then it was the girlfriends of the boys and they all fit in well together. Bellamy and Echo broke up before their last year of college and Clarke and Lexa were hot and heavy again. Bellamy couldn't hide his dislike toward the commanding and off putting personality of his best friend's girlfriend but it wasn't his place to tell her who to love. His birthday was Halloween—his mother pissed someone off with that, having twins on Halloween and they both wind up having a horror obsession, most likely due to their friendship with Clarke than anything else—and they all went to the campus bar and got black out drunk.

Bellamy groggily woke up the next morning with Clarke's name on his wrist and he immediately sobered and was glad that he could easily hide it with long sleeves for the next six or so months since she was still with Lexa and he didn't want to get in the middle of them.  More than anything, he just wanted Clarke to be happy and if that meant being with Lexa than so be it, he'll let her love Lexa as long as he got to be in her life still. Nothing changed.