3 ; greek goddess

ACT ONE
scene three
GREEK GODDESS
☆ ☆ ☆

THEIR ARRIVAL AT Hogwarts was a bleak affair, as the weather was a gloomy scene. The sorting ceremony didn't interest Cassie. She knew that she should show interest and enthusiasm when a student was sorted into Slytherin. However, she couldn't bring herself to do more than clap lazily when the hat shouted SLYTHERIN!

Cassie was disappointed with her new outlook on the term begging, but truly what did she have to look forward to? Lots of stress and anxiety by Lucius Malfoy?

However, Dumbledore drew her attention as he began to speak of the Tri-Wizard tournament.  A sick feeling grew in her stomach as she listened to the professor.

Cassie did everything she possibly could to block Dumbledore out, but nothing was working.

She attempted to change her viewpoint, but if she looked straight ahead she was looking at the Weasley twins.

With a sigh, Maria leaned closer to Cassie.

"I can't believe you're entering this thing."

Cassie gave Maria a pointed look, and Maria shrugged.

Soon Dumbeldores speech (and mad-eye moody's dramatic entrance) was over.

"Well, that was an ordeal." Beckett mumbled as they made their way to the dungeons.

"All I want is one year where someone doesn't almost die," Eliza said to Maria jokingly.

But Cassie hadn't heard any of their conversations. She was too busy watching Draco, where he walked a few feet ahead of them with Crabbe and Goyle.

Cassie had yet to figure out if Draco actually thought of the two of them as friends, or if her father had just told Draco that they were his only options.

Cassie sighed and brushed her blonde hair out of her face. She could hear Draco batting off Crabbe and Goyles questions about the Tri-Wizard tournament.

"What do you think they'll have to do?"

"Who do y'think it's going to be?"

Cassie watched as he scowled at both of them. His face reminded her way too much of their father.

"Shut up, both of you," Draco grumbled.

The password for the common room this year was dreamscile and personally, Cassie thought it was stupid. She thought everything was stupid these days.

The girl didn't say anything when they got into the common room, instead, she marched up the stairs to her dorm room and shut herself in the bathroom. She was already so fed up with this year and she didn't understand why.

Cassie placed her hands on the sink and looked at herself in the mirror. She didn't understand why she was stressing herself so much already.

Cassie didn't cry.

However when things upset her, or she got a little bit too stressed out, things would happen that Cassie couldn't control. Usually, objects would simply fly across the room, and occasionally a few glasses would shatter.

The longer Cassie stared at herself in the mirror, the objects in the bathroom began to shake. Bottles of shampoo, body wash, and toothpase all shook violently.

"Cas? Everything okay?" Maria called from outside the door.

Cassie blinked, and everything stopped.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine!" She called back. "Just about to take a shower!"

☆ ☆ ☆

The next few days passed at a boring rate. The castle was still abuzz with talk of the Tri-Wizard Tournament, and Cassie was doing everything she could to block it all out.

However, she was doing a fantastic job at upholding her reputation so far. She answered every question in class with ease, was seen with her handsome boyfriend in her free time, and looked like a greek goddess every second she was outside of her dorm room. Younger students watched her as she passed in the hallways, older students gave her a slight nod of approval. (Unless they were Gryffindors).

Blaise let go of her hand as they arrived at her Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, and pressed a very-fake kiss on her cheek. Just as he did, Fred and George Weasley skidded by, making gagging noises. Cassie rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Blaise.

"Damn gits, I wish Moody would give me the chance to jinx the shit out of them," Cassie mumbled.

Blaise smiled. "Always so agressive, Malfoy."

This made Cassie crack a smile. "I'll see you after class."

"Of course, love." Blaise responded.

Cassie gave him a small, forced smile before trudging into the class. She hated DADA this year. Mad-Eye Moody seemed to have taken an immense interest in both her and Draco. After her first lesson with him, he held her back and asked her how her father was getting along.

Cassie had frowned at the man and said that Lucius was fine.

She didn't like how Mad-Eye acted like he knew so much about her, the way his magical eye watched her gave her the creeps. The man just gave her a bad feeling.

Cassie dropped into her seat beside Beckett, who was talking to Maria and Eliza with a wide smile. Cassie also turned in her seat, to join in on the conversation. The girl once again took notice of the light blush on Maria's cheek.

However, Cassie also took notice of something new. Something that hadn't caught her attention before.

As the group talked amongst themselves, Cassie noticed the dazed expression on Eliza's face. The blonde girl followed her gaze, and her eyes landed on Angelina Johnson, who was sitting across the room in front of the Weasley twins.

Cassie raised her eyebrows in surprise. She made a mental note to mention it to Eliza later in private.

"Settle, settle class!" Mad-Eye Moody's voice boomed throughout the class, as he stumbled into the room.

The classroom fell silent.

"Now, we didn't speak about this last lesson because I assumed you'd already been taught this, given that this is advanced defense against the dark arts." Moody began gruffly.

"You are very behind on curses." He stated.

Cassie had a bad feeling growing her stomach already. They had covered curses briefly with Professor Lupin, whom she really liked, even if he father did speak very poorly of the man.

"It's been approved by the Ministry that I can show you what these curses look like because you're in your 6th year." The man continued gruffly. His magical eye looked directly at Cassie as he said, "However, I assume some of you were exposed to these curses briefly in your youth."

Cassie gritted her teeth. Beckett looked over at her, sensing that she was tensing up. George Weasley threw a glance in her direction, and Cassie scowled back at him.