11 ; potter

ACT ONE
scene eleven 
POTTER

What the fuck. What in the bloody fucking hell. How is this fair?

Cassie was screaming in anger in her mind.

"Oh very funny joke, mister Bagman!" Fleur laughed in her thick french accent.

However, Cassie knew this was far from a joke.

"Joke?" Ludo asked. "No, no not at all. Harry's name just came out of the goblet of fire."

"He can't be a champion!" Cassie exclaimed. "He's not of age!"

Ludo glanced her over, and paled as he seemed to realize who's daughter she was. He looked away from her quickly. Cassie moved to sit down in the chair beside Viktor.

Fleur was frowning.
"Zis has to be a mistake!"

"Well it is amazing," Ludo said. The smile he was giving Harry was filling her with rage. He explained how the age restriction couldn't stop Harry from competing.

A large group of people came into the room at once, cutting Ludo off. Cassie was relieved that he had shut his mouth.

"What is ze meaning of this Dumblee-dore?!" Madam Maxine exclaimed.

"I'd rather like to know that myself, Dumbledore!" said Karkaroff. "Two Hogwarts champions? I don't remember anyone telling me the host school is allowed two champions?"

Cassie didn't like Karkaroff, she didn't like the energy he put out. However, she agreed with what he was saying.

Karkaroff and Madam Maxine continued to fuss at Dumbledore over the situation, while Cassie stared blankly at Dumbledore. She could never read the man, she could never tell what he was thinking behind those eyes.

"It's no one's fault but Potters, Karkaroff." Professor Snape said cooly. "Don't go blaming Dumbledore for Potters determination to break rules. He's been crossing lines ever since he arrived here."

Cassie turned her attention back to Harry. He looked like he was in a state of shock, but who was to tell really? Snape was right, he'd  been causing havoc ever since he arrived.

Dumbeldore finally spoke.
"Thank you, Severus."

Professor Snape was still glaring at Harry.

"Did you put your name into the goblet of fire, Harry?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

"No." Harry responded.

"Did you ask another student to put it into the goblet of fire for you?"

"No." Said Harry again.

"Ah! But of course he is lying!" Madam Maxine exclaimed.

"He could not have crossed the age line." Professor McGonagall said firmly. "I am sure we are all agreed on that."

An argument arose once more between Madame Maxine and Professor McGonagall. Professor McGongall was fighting hard on Harry's defense. 

"Mr. Crouch! Mr. Bagman! You are our objective judges, surely you will agree this is most irregular!" Karkaroff exclaimed.

Cassie's eyes wandered to Crouch.

"We must follow the rules, and the rules state clearly that those people who's names come out of the goblet of fire are bound to compete in the tournament." Crouch said.

"Well Barty knows the rulebook back to front!" Ludo Bagman said.

More arguing ensued from all of the professors, but in the end it was decided that Harry was going to be competing alongside them.