15 ; dragons

ACT ONE
scene fifteen
DRAGONS

CASSIE MALFOY SHIVERED in the cold night air as the group of four slipped out of the castle.

"Okay, so who's been in the forbidden forrest before?" Cassie whispered, glancing around at the group.

Unsurprisingly, Beckett was the only one to raise his hand.

The three girls all gave him the same look.
"What?" He whispered. "You guys need to learn to live a little."

"Then by all means, lead the way Beck." Cassie urged.

Beckett grinned.

So the group of four followed Beckett deep into the forbidden forest. They had probably been walking for 30 minutes when Beckett stopped in his tracks.

"Cassie, Potter may have been lying. If there were any dragons here we would've seen them by now."

Cassie let out a frustrated breath.
If she found out that Potter had led her on a wild goose chase, the hell she was planning to unleash on him would be intense. His severed head would be spinning on a stick in the Slytherin dungeons...

Just as Cassie was growing angrier and planning the reign of terror that Potter would face, Maria's calm voice broke through to her.

"We'll look a little longer, it's okay." Maria said gently.

The group nodded in agreement, and as they did Eliza spotted red sparks in the tree line that was yards away.

"There!" She exclaimed.

The entire group turned to see the sparks.
"Oh, that's gotta be dragons." Beckett said with a grin.

Cassie stomach dropped. She wasn't sure if she wanted for Potter to be telling the truth about the dragons. Not because she wanted to kill him, but because how was she going to face a dragon?

So the group began to follow the sparks, and soon they heard voices too.

Surely enough, there were four dragons being handled by tamers.

Cassie swallowed thickly.

"That's fucking mental, Cas." Eliza breathed out as they watched from a distance.

"We should probably get out of here soon..." Maria urged.

"Shh, give me a few more minutes." Cassie whispered. 

The girl was watching each dragon closely, identifying each one and taking note of how differently they were handled.
Chinese Fireball
Hungarian Horntail
Swedish Shortsnout
Common Welsh Green

A chill ran down her spine as the girl watched the handler almost get burned to bits.
"Okay, yeah let's go."

Once back in the Slytherin Common room, Beckett began spewing ideas, and Eliza shot down each idea. Maria watched Cassie with a concerned expression, and Cassie stared into the fire with a distant look in her eyes.