13 ; detention (pt. 2)

ACT ONE
scene thirteen
DETENTION  (pt. 2)

"SO, MALFOY" GEORGE said once more as a heavy tension had formed after a few moments of silence.

Cassie gritted her teeth once more.
"Weasley."

"Exactly how much did your father have to pay to get you into the tournament?"

He was still on this whole money thing with her.

When Cassie didn't respond, George pressed on.
"Because it must've been a lot to get them to choose you."

"You're a idiot," Cassie grumbled. "The champions aren't chosen by people they're chosen by the magical goblet, you git."

Fred looked at his brother in amusement, wondering how the hell he was going to come back from that.

George grumbled something under his breath, and even though she couldn't hear it Cassie still jumped up to glare at him.

"What did you say?"

George shook his head.
"Oh nothing."

For some reason this was burning Cassie up more than what he was saying before.
"What did you say?" She asked again, taking a step closer.

George scowled at her, and moved a step closer to her as well.
"I said you were a snobby, stuck-up, privileged little bitc-"

"-George!" Fred exclaimed, jumping up before George could keep going.

Cassie could feel the anger burning through her, and though she'd never admit it aloud, George's words stung a little bit. She stared into his eyes furiously and he stared back.

Cassie could've hexed him into oblivion. Cassie very well could run to her father and he could get their father fired from the ministry. Cassie probably could've made George's head explode if she tried hard enough.

Instead she gritted her teeth, clenched her fist, and turned to walk away. She'd tell McGonagall she couldn't do it.

She was proud of herself for controlling her emotions for once.

"Yeah run off to owl your father, i'm sure he'll make it all better." George said.

That was the final straw.

Cassie spun around on her heel, her eyes already turning a very dark shade of green as rage engulfed her.

"Oh fuck off, Weasley!"

"No, I'm tired of you acting better than everyone just because you get whatever you want." George said firmly.

"George..." Fred warned in a sing-song voice. But the other two were acting as if he didn't exist.

"Oh please fucking explain what you mean by that!" Cassie snapped, walking towards him.

"Wealthy father, perfect grades, new expensive clothes, quidditch star, and now you're a Tri-Wizard champion. Every boy falls at your feet like you're a goddess. Why? I don't really know, but I'm tired of it. "