And his biggest worry; that it might be someone he cares about a lot.

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE! C'MON JK, HOLD THIS!" Yoongi handed the boy a long, metallic thing with a razor sharp end.

A harpoon used for whaling. 

Jeongguk's breath hitched as he saw his co-workers pull the net back, towards themselves.

"IT'S IN! JEONGGUK, GET READY AND IN POSITION TO USE IT IF IT'S ANY FORM OF DANGER! PULL YOONGI, PULL IT IN!"

His hands became sweaty. His grip on the harpoon loosened, he just stood there, not knowing what to do.

Suddenly, in the last moment, he dropped the object he was holding onto and ran towards his diving gear, hastily putting it on.

"JK MAN, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" Yoongi screamed.

"I─I'm going to help you guys pull it on the boat! What if it gets stuck there?!" The younger tried to sound as convincing as possible. Not letting the other two answer, he sat on the edge of the boat and leaned back, hands letting go of the railing to dive into the water.

Breathing in through his mask, he swam towards the place were the net with the thing in it was supposed to be.

His breath hitched, tears formed in his eyes making his vision slightly blurry since it fogged up his mask.

Taehyung was in that net. His whole body wrapped painfully in it. He tried to get out, hurting himself badly while doing so.

Blood red water floated away, the boys who tried to pull Taehyung up with all their might had no idea what kind of beautiful 'thing' they were hurting.

The boys pulled harder, trying to get the thing in it over the edge of the boat. Instead of it working, it only scraped the merman's sides, causing more blood to flow out of his wounds.

Jeongguk wasted no more time. He swam as fast as he could towards Taehyung who wasn't even aware of his presence.

The younger began cutting the net loose everywhere he could, tapping Taehyung's side to make him look at him.

The merman shivered in fear, his eyes blown wide before he realized who's brown orbs he was looking into.

Jeongguk. Jeongguk is there. Jeongguk is going to save him. If Jeongguk's there, everything is going to be alright. Jeongguk, Jeongguk, Jeongguk─
His heart flipped because of other reasons.

The blue haired male stopped struggling immediately, only focusing on the human next to him. He felt safe, even in the midst of this moment. He only stared.

The human raised his pocket knife and started cutting the net loose around the merman's head, upper body and side fins.

"WE'RE LOSING POWER! PULL HARDER!" The scream of Yoongi was heard.

"I'M TRYING! IS JK OKAY?!"

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW DUDE?! I'M NOT THE ONE WHO DECIDED TO JUST DIVE RIGHT IN!"

One last cut was made, before the net broke and Taehyung sunk down, free from the net.

Blood was everywhere. It scared the hell out of the younger.

With shaky hands, Jeongguk handed Taehyung his pocket knife, pointing towards the huge net ahead of them that prevented Taehyung from leaving the shallow waters.

The merman nodded, understanding what he had to do.

"WE LOST IT GODDAMMIT!" Namjoon's scream was heard, a loud bang right after.

Yoongi turned to look at Namjoon as he just hit the railing of the boat with his fist, shaking his head.

"That's what you're worrying about right now?! We lost the thing, but you forget that Jeongguk is down there!"

Namjoon's eyes widened, "JK! COME BACK, ARE YOU OKAY?!" He stuck his hand into the water, trying to signal him.

Jeongguk turned to look up at the boat, pressing his eyes shut.

Looking back at the merman, he mouthed, "Go, go now, otherwise you can't get away anymore.'

Taehyung tried to swim away, a trail of bloody water following him as he did so. The pain must be unbearable.

Jeongguk watched pityfully as the merman cut through the net, creating a hole big enough to swim through.

When Taehyung successfully got on the other safe side, the human breathed out in his mask from relief.

He had to think of a plan fast. He hadn't thought this far yet, what the hell was he supposed to tell the other two guys?

Shaking his head, he swam around the boat, starting his act.

He hit the railing, signaling that he was there.

Namjoon and Yoongi both ran towards him, pulling him up by his arms.

He sat on the wooden floor, pulled his oxygen mask off his face and gasped.

"What happened down there, JK? We lost it!" Yoongi said, crouching down to hold the younger's shoulders.

Jeongguk looked in Yoongi's eyes, trying to keep up the act.

"I—" He caught his breath.
"It was huge, guys! It was terrifying! It somehow got free and it attacked me! I tried to get away, but I needed to stab it's arm with my pocket knife before I could escape.."

The boys' eyes widened, they gasped.

"Can I see your pocket knife? Is there still blood on it? We can send it to our lab to examine it and take some samples. We can find out its DNA."

"No.. I don't have it anymore, as soon as I stabbed it, the knife got stuck in it's arm. I got away as soon as I could.."

Yoongi nodded, understanding.

"I'm happy your safe though, buddy. We can let the thing rest for now, we can try to catch it some other time. It can't escape the surrounded place anyw—"

"—Yes, it can." Yoongi butted in, interrupting Namjoon. "If it had JK's knife stuck in his arm, he can pull it out to cut through the net."

"Fuck." Namjoon muttered under his breath.

Jeongguk breathed out once again, relieved that his act worked out.

"Our boss is not going to be happy with us.." Yoongi sighed, standing back up.

That's when the youngest's brows furrowed deeply. Again with the boss thing?

"How is our boss related to all of this? I mean, he somehow knew it before the actual news popped up. Why does our boss want us to catch it? I mean, sure, we're divers, but isn't our job to—"

Namjoon shook his head, interrupting his words.

"Jeongguk, you signed the contract. We were there."

"What contract?" He worried, looking up at Namjoon.

"The contract you had to sign when you met us. We also had to sign it." He pointed at Yoongi, then at himself.

He slowly stood up, gripping his hair.

"You mean that—" He began, letting Yoongi answer for him.

"—I think you missed a few details on the contract, Jeongguk-ah.. You applied for the wrong job, if this isn't what you asked for."