-ˏˋ chapter seven

chapter seven

════᠂ ⊱✿⊰ ᠂ ════

when the car stopped a few yards from the abandoned factory no one moved. the five were silent as they stared outside the window.

"it looks creepy," jisung mumured. "like something out of a horror movie."

"don't start, jisung," minho mumured.

felix sighed. "you're making me feel even worse."

minho got out of the car and chan scurried after him.

the two boys stood side by side and started at the factory, a chill running up both their spines.

"thanks," chan mumured.

minho turned to the older boy, his eyebrows furrowed. "for what?"

"being here."

minho placed his hand on chan's shoulder. "that's what friends do, chan. they're there for their friends."

felix, jisung and jeongin got out of the car to join the two who were already outside.

"we're ready," jisung said. "we're ready to get jasper."

"and take changbin down," jeongin said. "but for good."

chan nodded.

the five began making their way to the factory. chan at the front and the others trailing behind him.

"chan?" jeongin mumured as he tugged the sleeve of the oldest boy.

chan turned to his younger friend and flashed him his dimpled smile. "yes, innie?"

"can i...can i be the one to do it?"

chan furrowed his eyebrows and stopped walking. "do what?"

"finish him. i-i promise i'll aim better. i'll get a head shot. i'll do be--"

chan placed his hand on jeongin's shoulder and his smile returned. "you can do it."

chan pulled his gun out of his pocket and passed it to jeongin.

"but won't you need this?" the gun felt heavy in jeongin's hand. he couldn't trust himself with it. the last time he used a gun was four years ago and even then he had no idea what he was doing.

"i'll be fine, trust me. i've been in many near death experiences."

felix slapped his hand on chan's shoulder blade. "and hopefully this will be your last. i can't loose you chan."

chan grabbed felix's hand and squeezed it. "and you won't. now, you guys need to find another way inside. maybe a back door? i door know. i'm going through to front so i can 'give myself up'. be careful and...don't die. okay?"

the four boys nodded their heads and made their way to the back of the factory.

felix looked back once and smiled sadly at his lover who sent him a forlorn wave.

chan took a deep breath before opening the rusty factory door. "let's do this."

"do you think chan is okay?"

jisung rolled his eyes. "we literally just left the guy two seconds ago. he'll be fine. he knows what he's doing and what he's dealing with. he was a criminal in the past. remember."

"yeah, yeah," felix mumured. "i remember."

"try and keep it down guys," minho whispered. "we don't want to alert the whole world that we're on a rescue mission."

"shouldn't we have just called the police though?" jeongin asked no one in particular.

"the police are dumb," jisung said. "they wouldn't have found this place. not without you jeongin."

jeongin found himself blushing and he was glad it was dark.

"i think we're just walking around in circles." minho said. "this is where we started. the entrance."

"then let's go through the entrance." jisung reached for the handle but felix grabbed his wrist.

"let's not," he said. "we'll find another way. maybe...high up?"

the four friends crained their heads to look at the top of factory.

"it's not that high up but we don't have a ladder ," jisung said.

"remember when you'd climb inside my window back in high school," felix said. "because my parents never let you come over during the week."

jisung clicked his fingers. "oh yeah! that was fun but scary at the same time."

"it's literally just like that but this is more lower!" felix exclaimed. "i'm sure we could climb up."

"let me go first." minho rubbed his hands together. "best i get hurt then everyone. we need to see if it's safe first."

jeongin nodded. "okay."

"be careful," jisung said, wearily.

minho jumped up and grabbed the top of the roof. he swung one leg up and jeongin pushed the other and he successfully got on top of the roof.

"i can see a door on the ground?" minho furrowed his eyebrows. "maybe we can get in that way?"

jeongin jumped up and got on top of the roof. felix followed him but jisung hesitated.

"what's wrong?" minho asked.

"nothing," jisung mumured.

the boy jumped up and climbed up to the roof, wincing at the pain felt on his ankle when he grazed it.

the four friends made their way to door.

minho crouched down and lifted the handle.

when minho successful opened the. door, boy's stared at the pit of darkness, an uneasy feeling in their stomachs.

"there's a ladder," jeongin mumured.

"okay, time to go." minho started to go down the ladder the rest of the boy's followed him.

"don't fall guys," minho said. "it's really dark--"

"shh!" jisung hissed. "or else they'll hear us."

after a few minutes the four friends made it to the bottom of the ladder. ot wasn't as dark as it was going down so they could only just about see a hallway.

felix took a deep breath before he started leading the way.

jeongin pulled the gun chan gave him out of his pocket and held it tightly in his hand as he followed felix.

"let's stick together everyone," felix mumured. "we can't loose eachother. not in a place like this."