14

8 Hours Earlier

8 Hours Earlier

The curly haired boy was sitting on a chair in Big Red's room strumming through the guitar strings. "You're late." The boy chuckled seeing his best friend coming down the stairs in a rush. "We finished painting the sets twenty minutes ago. What's the big emergency?" Asked Big Red with a smile on his face. He was curious to know why his best friend needed him. Ricky looked at his best friend with a smile on his face. "I wanna play you something. Just promise me you won't laugh." His brown eyes looked at him and he just hoped he wouldn't laugh at him. Big Red shook his head and shrugged. "I have no control over when I laugh, Ricky." The curly haired boy only chuckled. "Here goes." He started to play the guitar and soon joined in singing.

"I fell in love with the only girl who knows what I'm about." Big Red thought about the lyrics and what he was singing. "Wait! I'm gonna stop you right there." His best friend looked at him. He didn't even get to sing half of the song for him. "Can I at least do the first verse?" The red headed boy opened his mouth but just shrugged it off. "Sure." He took a seat on the chair next to Ricky. "After all is said and done. I can't just pretend I'm moving on. Is it just a part we're playing? 'Cause it don't feel like we're faking." Before Ricky could continue he was being cut off by his best friend. "Uh.. Can I talk now?"

"So this is for Gina?" He asked confusedly not knowing what was going on. "I thought she moved away." Ricky nodded at his friend. "She did. The day after she missed tech rehearsal. It all happened so fast." The curly haired boy chuckled nervously. His best friend only looked around the room thinking for a bit. "Okay." He looked back at the curly haired boy waiting for an answer for his previous question. "The song is for Kayla. Like an opening night football thing." Big Red looked more confused than ever and didn't understand what was going on. "Kayla and I almost kissed last night." The red headed boy's eyes widened in shock. "Wait what?" Ricky looked down at the floor forgetting that he didn't tell him right away.

Kayla was out in the field getting her nervous out and practicing. She really didn't need any practice but she wanted to be ready for tonight. A lot of things could happen tonight. One being she took her team to victory. Two she crashes and burns bring everyone else down. Three she succeeds and also gets scholarships for football. She was just glad Elliot hadn't tried to talk to her at all throughout the day. Kayla was definitely avoiding the boy after he tried to come for her best friend. For some reason Victoria wasn't answering her messages or phone calls and she only wondered why? The blonde did try to talk to her during lunch but she just walked away from her and didn't look back once which was weird. Cameron told her not to worry about it at all but she missed her best friend.

She definitely had a lot on her mind right now especially after what happened last night with Ricky. How was she supposed to talk to him in person now? I mean yeah they sat at the same lunch table but they didn't really speak. She was distracting herself with the drama group while he was busy talking with Big Red. Feeling out of breath and overwhelmed with all of her thoughts she finally took a break. The short girl sat at the bleachers reaching to grab her water bottle from her bag. She drank half of the water bottle feeling really thirsty. Closing her eyes she let the small wind kiss her skin and blow through her hair. Her hair was up into a messy ponytail and she wasn't wearing any makeup. But as soon as she closed her eyes she saw the image of her and Ricky almost kissing.