4

Ricky looks through the couch trying to find his script

Ricky looks through the couch trying to find his script. His dad came rushing down the stairs confused as to why his son was still home. "Hey, shouldn't you be at rehearsal? What're you looking for?" The curly haired boy looked up at his dad and then back at the couch picking up a pillow. "Scene seven. I took the page out to memorize and now I'm thinking Big Red used it as a napkin." His dad started to look through papers at the end table. Ricky's eyes wander around the house seeing if he could find it. He noticed a hot wing on the floor. "Is that a hot wing?" His dad's eyes landed on the hot wing looking back up to Ricky. "Uh... I started to clean up, but then your mom said she wanted to meet us at the restaurant."

The boy looked at his dad confused. "Straight from the airport? Why isn't she coming home first?" I mean you would think since she's tired from her flight she would come straight home. "I guess she figured she'd be hungry." He nodded and continued to look through the couch. "Um, screw it. I'll borrow a script." His dad picked up a bowl and the papers that were on the table. "You'll be done by 7:00, right?" The curly haired boy grabbed his jacket and his bag looking at his father. "I mean, give yourself enough time to get to the restaurant."

"The restaurant's like, 10 mintes from school. I'll be there." His dad waved his hand, continuing to pick up the mess in the house. The front door opened and Ricky's mother came in. He slowly turned around and his frown turned into a smile. "Mom." She smiled at him putting in her suitcase. "Hey, you." She walked towards him, throwing her arms around her son who she loved so much. "Oh, god, I've missed you. Come here." Ricky smiled, while chuckling holding on to his mother. His mother pulled away with a big smile noticing the chicken wing on the floor. "Wait, is that a hot wing?" Ricky's father ignored her comment and picked up the chicken wing. "I thought we were meeting at the restaurant."

"Well, I caught an earlier flight." She smiled at her son. Looking back at Mike he looked at her with a confused face. "But we agreed we would do this at the restaurant." She looked at him with a worried face. Now Ricky was confused looking between his parents. "Afreed to do what?" They both didn't say anything and just looked at each other. Ricky kept looking between his parents confused.

Kayla was changing in the bathroom hearing the laughter of her two best friends and Veronica's parents laughing along with them. Her eyes started to water thinking of the last family meal she had with her parents. She was still mourning her mother. I mean she didn't really have much time to do it going straight on tour after her mother's funeral. Looking at herself in the mirror she shook those tears away and fixed her hair. Her makeup was already done and she had hoops in. Wearing a black top and high waisted jeans. She smiled at herself in the mirror knowing it was hard not having her mom. She grabbed her jean jacket heading down stairs to eat something. She ended up only eating a granola bar and having a glass of orange juice before making her way to school. Kayla didn't check her phone last night knowing her step mother would ask her who gave her permission to stay over and Veronica's house. When she had already told her dad in advance.