"Excited. Nervous. Happy. Yeah I'm good." His heart beats so hard I can feel it in his back.

"I'm excited and everything else. We're about to be fathers." My hands tighten around him. We're going to be a happy family.

"Alright. Done. We're at a four. That's really good. Hopefully, a few hours. Just relax and keep the patient happy." The doctor pats Yani's knee and walks out. The nurses hang around and do whatever they are supposed to be doing.

"How are you holding up?" Dek grabs Yani's hand and looks down at her with a world full of love and adoration.

"I'm good. Uncomfortable. But, I'm okay." Yani smiles. Chance moves her hair from her face and smiles brightly.

"I know we keep saying this. But, thank you." I can't help it. I'm so grateful for her sacrifice.

"You're welcome." Yani lays her head back with a small grimace.

"Wow. That ones pretty big. If the contractions get too unbearable, we can give you some pain medicine." The nurse shows us something that is on paper. A graph with little hills and a huge mountain.

"This one is the big contraction you just witnessed. When you see a lot of these close together, we're close." We all nod, thankful for the explanation.

"That one hurt." Yani pants and rubs her hands on her gown. I can see sweat beading on her forehead. I walk over and grab a wash cloth, wetting it with cold water. I make way back to Yani and pat her face gently.

"Thanks." Yani smiles and lays back down.

"I'm going to go update everyone. Don't have them without me." Chance kisses Yani and leaves.

"I'm scared." Yani whimpers, effectively making my heart ache.

"It's going to be okay. Everything is going great. You're doing amazing." Dek runs his hands softly through her hair.

"I know. I'm just nervous. I'm sorry." Yani let's a tear slip and I reach up to move it away.

"You're incredibly strong. You're brave and you are our angel. We love you. We're all right here." I hold her hand and try to comfort the weeping angel.

"Let's blame those on the hormones." Yani giggles.

"Do you want to rest?" Dek looks questioningly at Yani.

"No. I'm too excited. You two should be resting. After this, my parts done." Yani busts out laughing.

I don't think it's very funny.

Yani pants harshly, her back seizing and her legs curling up. I look over and see why.

"Breathe. Breathe. In. One, two, three. Out. One, two, three." Dek and I both do the breathing exercises. Her hands squeeze tightly on one of each of ours.

"Holy mother of hell." Yani grits her teeth and squeezes her eyes.

"You can have medicine. Please." I start panicking and looking around for a savior.

"Get them in here. Now. Please." Yani belts out a loud yelp.

I rush towards the door and run to the nurses station.

"She's gonna need that epidural. Now." I rush back with a promise.

"Their coming." I reassure Yani.

"Fuck." She grits her teeth again.

"What's the matter?" Dek looks at me like I hold all the answers.

"It just hurts." I shrug. I'm not the one in labor.

"Yeah. It feels like someone stomped on my back." Yani sits up but falls right back down immediately.