22.

~hey everyone!! i've been gone for too long! I missed wattpad so much...and I missed writing this beautiful story. I hope I can find more time to write soon...💜

small recap: Chris bought Robyn her own store so she can begin focusing on her career. Robyn and Chris share a passionate and happy moment while hugging, however, Chris breaks the moment by changing the subject. They both seem to be working on being strictly friends, yet they obviously have feelings for each other....

Let's see what happens next! :)

Christopher Maurice Brown

July 13th, 2018

4:35pm

"I need to find a new receptionist. Do you mind helping me find one?" I ask Jennifer.

"Of course. I'll work on it and hopefully we can find a good replacement by Monday. It's a shame Z didn't take the full two weeks." Jennifer replies.

"I know..." I sigh.

"Well, at least Trevor offered to take her spot for a while and multitask with his own work."  She adds as I laugh, nod my head and thank her, returning back to my office.

Before I could sit down, Trevor was standing at the door.

"What's up?" I ask.

"We should definitely get a hot receptionist with a sexy voice. Some tropical, breath-taking foreign shit, you feel me? Do you know how many people would love-"

"It doesn't matter if she's sexy or not. As long as they can answer the phone and help me out when I need them, then I'm fine with whoever it is."

"Okay, boss." Trevor rolls his eyes. I laugh and sit down in my chair. Trevor also takes a seat in front of me with a huge grin on his face.

"Um, are you alright?" I question.

"How are you, emotionally? Are you depressed? Do you need to take a day off and leave me in charge? Because you know I can-"

"Thank you for your concern," I laugh softly, "but I'm all good. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know. You just seem different, man." He shrugs.

"You know, I think I am just genuinely happy because my life isn't the same than it was a few months ago." I tell him simply.

"That's good to hear, boss." Trevor gets up from the chair and walks towards my door.

"I'll talk to you later, and don't throw my receptionist ideas out the window!" He winks and closes the door on his way out.

I roll my eyes and continue finishing up filling out paperwork so I didn't have to bring anything home over the weekend. Moments after I place my pen back in my desk, my phone dings.

Monica

Hey love. How are you?

I have a BIG favor to ask!

No one has ever called me love before, and I only assumed it was just a friendly thing to say. I grin and text her back.

Hey. I'm doing good. What's up?

How's Marcus doing? Did he ace the math test today?