12.

Robyn Rihanna Fenty

(four days later)

8:45pm, June 24th, 2018

"Z has always been like a baby sister to me

"Z has always been like a baby sister to me. I'm so glad she set us up together for a date! You're so beautiful..."

"...thank you." I smile.

Behind my smile was so much sadness and regret. Z put in the effort to set me up with a really nice guy named Alex, and all I could think about was Chris.

Chris and I would of left here already and went to one of our cribs to watch a movie or do "homework" together. This whole "date" wasn't right; it didn't feel right. I didn't even put in any effort to look my best like I used to...

And it's weird because when I was with Rakim, I never thought about Chris. I was over him and onto Rakim because I thought he was my new everything along with my new life in New York.

What the fuck was I thinking?

"...Robyn?"

"Hmm?" I blink twice and he sighs.

"I asked you a question and just...nodded."

"...that's because I answered your question that way...." I lie.

"Oh, so you've got AIDS like me? Good to kn-"

"What!?! Hell no! I uh, nodded as a joke..." I gasp and he chuckles.

"Nah I'm playin', I didn't even ask you that."

"Oh. Sorry..." I sigh. "What did you ask me?"

"I asked you if you'd rather be here with someone else."

"W-what?? Why would you ask me-"

"I've been in a long, happy relationship before and I can tell you don't really wanna be here...you won't even touch your food..." He points out. I nod sadly.

"I am super, sincerely sorry. I was thinking about my ex...a-and how this date is not fair to you because you seem like a great guy, and I'm the exact opposite. Z thought this date was what I needed and it's not; I want my ex back. And as much as I might want to go use the bathroom right now and never come back, I wont do that and hurt you because you, well, nobody deserves that..."

I had never been so honest to a complete stranger before. I'm surprised those words came out of my mouth so...so easily...

"It's fine, I get it. Thank you for being honest with me." He smiles.

"..." No comment.

"Let's talk about our exes then, shall we?"