20.

Robyn Rihanna Fenty

July 8th, 2018

7:00pm, group therapy session

Dr. Avery recommended that I join a group therapy session with others that struggle with depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorders. She told me that hearing other stories and perspectives that were similar to my story would enhance my decisions and how to be more cautious of myself. Perhaps they'll help me understand myself a lot better by comparing and contrasting their conflicts.

Chris and I ended up not watching a movie that night, and I talked to him about the store I wanted to buy. He offered to sponsor it with the company, but I refused, multiple times. He told me he was going to help out either way I let him or not, because he knows I hate asking for assistance.

I still strongly feel I don't deserve another thing from him, therefore, it hurts to accept another favor from him.

I didn't end up putting in two weeks. I just simply left, and Chris was fine with it. Apparently finding an accountant wasn't hard to find for their company. He told me sitting in the office for another 14 days would of only held me back longer from getting a jump start on my dream.

I park my car in the church parking lot, and slowly stroll into the building. There was a white stand that showed a black arrow pointing to the right that said "THERAPY SESSION, 7:00" in which I followed.

I walk into a room full of adults my age, some older, some younger; definitely a good mix of different people. Nobody noticed that I came in at the last second, everyone was chatting with one another instead. I was relieved that I didn't miss anything.

"Hey." A light skin man with beautiful green eyes grins.

"Hi." I stand beside him while the rest were either sitting, standing, grabbing a cup of water or coffee, and having good conversations. It looked like more of casual business party in my eyes.

"You must be new here. I'm James." He reaches his hand out politely.

"Yeah, I am. I'm Robyn." I shake his hand and he smiles. His pearly whites shined generously. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Nice to meet you, Robyn. Welcome to the family." He chuckles and I laugh along with him. He asks me to follow him to a chair and sit next to him.

"So, how does this whole thing work?" I ask him curiously.

"Well, we all ask of everyone arrive before or after 7:00, but the latest is 7:15 for our session to begin."

"Thank god..." I mumble and glance around the room some more.

"After 7:15, whoever wants to speak first can go ahead. We always recap the beginning of our problems and how we're affected today, just in case we forgot and to let the newcomers understand each other's situations. You don't even have to talk here, but if you have Dr. Avery, she strongly recommends we do." James informs me.

"Hmm. I really like Dr. Avery so far." I nod. He nods too.

"Are you speaking today?" I question and he shakes his head yes.

"Yeah, but I could tell you my story now, if you're interested." He offers.

"Sure." I smile.