Chapter 13

2 weeks later

Shannon

Tossing and turning in my sleep, I groaned waking up from my slumber

Tossing and turning in my sleep, I groaned waking up from my slumber. My bed and clothes were soaking wet from me sweating. Getting up from my bed, I started taking the linen off the bed and putting it in my dirty clothes hamper. Then I went inside the bathroom and stripped out of my clothes before turning the water on and hopping in the shower. I moaned as the water covered my body, taking the tensiness out of my body. After cleaning my body, I turned the water off and pushed the curtains to the side and grabbed my towel off the rack wrapping it around my body.

A few minutes later, I was ready to leave the apartment and head over to Travis's house to see Alana. We haven't seen each other in two weeks but we've talked on the phone. I grabbed my phone and keys off the nightstand and headed out of my room.

"Bestie," she came on the phone all excitedly. I smiled.

"Hey, girl. You are trying to get some food from IHOP or something? I'm so hungry right now," I said to her.

"I'm so happy you said that. This baby got me hungry as hell," she said laughing. I smiled at the mention of my niece or nephew. I was just ready for her to have the baby.

"Well, get ready. I just left my apartment and I'm on the way to you."

"Alright, blow the horn when you get here and i'll come out."

"Okay."

********

Getting seated in one of the booths, me and Alana started to look over our menus to see what we wanted. I could feel Alana stealing glares at me.

"What," I asked looking up at Alana.

"You talked to Elijah?," she asked me. I rolled my eyes knowing that's why she kept giving me death glares. Elijah was giving me my space since I was arrested for fighting my sister. That's what I needed anyway. We had talked a few times in the past two weeks but we haven't seen each other. I was going to go see him today at the shop because I missed him. I had gotten so used to being around him all the time that it felt foreign when I wasn't with him.

"No, but i'm going to see him after I get done hanging with you. Take him some food to the shop. I miss my baby."

"Yall need to get yall self together. You and him have more problems than anybody else I know." I laughed at how angry she sounded with me and Elijah. In my mind, yeah we had problems but all relationships do but me and him work out our issues well.

"We are good. He was just giving me my space. You know I wasn't in my right mind after being arrested. I don't see how people do it honestly being cooped up in that damn cell with nothing but your thoughts. Jail ain't for me."

"Yeah, your ass better not be going to fight nobody else without me around. Cause you know your anger issues are bad and can't nobody calm your ass down. I don't know where you get that shit from."