Chapter 3

Shannon

I was sweeping the floor that was filled with hair and listened to my music

I was sweeping the floor that was filled with hair and listened to my music. I had been working at Elijah's barbershop for over a week and was already close with a lot of his workers except for one named Reek. They were mostly around his age. He was always rude to me and I didn't understand why. I really didn't give a shit about it either. I came to make money not friends.

Finally getting all the hair off the floor, I yawned and then looked at the time on my phone. It was 7:30 P.M. and I still haven't gone on my break. I was tired because I didn't get any sleep last night due to Kayla and her nigga. I couldn't wait to get out that apartment and to make matters worse my mom had officially moved. Her and her cokehead friends stayed partying and doing drugs every night. It was just tiring.

I threw all the hair in the trashcan by the door and went to go get my food from the back. Hearing the door open and close behind me, I knew that it could only be Elijah. I turned coming in contact with his hard body and giggled softly.

He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me close to him. I laid my head on his chest and sighed softly.

"What you doing tonight," he asked me.

"Nothing, probably stay home and sleep. I didn't get any sleep last night," I said rolling my eyes.

"I told your stubborn ass that I would come get you and you could spend the night at my house but no you chose to stay there."

"Yeah, but I know if I stayed at your place I wouldn't want to be sleeping," I said sticking my tongue out in a playful but sexual way. He smirked at me then kissed my lips.

"You mad funny, Shan," he said pulling away from me. I laughed. I grabbed my food that I had sat on the bench and followed behind Elijah. "Nah, you can eat in my office." I nodded heading into his office and closing the door behind me.

10:00 P.M.

"Wake up," I heard feeling somebody shaking me. I groaned picking my head up from the desk and wiping my eyes. Elijah stood there staring at me with a smile on his face. "I told your ass to come eat not sleep for at least 3 hours."

"I was tired. I'm sorry," I said leaning back in the chair. I felt myself dozing back off to sleep slowly before hearing Elijah speak again.

"Go wait in the car, Shannon. I'll be out there in a minute," he said passing me the keys. I gotta outta there so fast because I wanted to go get some more sleep. I knew once I got in the car I was going to fall back asleep.

I sat in the passenger seat and closed the door. Laying back in the chair, I closed my eyes and fell back to sleep.

********

Waking up with somebody arms around my waist, I looked down to see Elijah snuggled into my chest. I noticed that we were not in my room but was in his. I don't even remember how we got here I was so tired. Elijah knew that I wouldn't have allowed him to bring me here without my permission. He had been to my house many times but this was my first time actually coming to his. I may have talked all that big talk around him but I was really nervous.