Chapter 3 - First Encounters

"Captain, we're under attack!"

Under the deep glow of the bridges current lighting, the captain ordered "On screen. I want to see who we're up against."

On the view screen, still partly obscured by the TARDIS, a camera turned to face a large cube with a green glow appearing to surround it coming out of several nooks and cracks.

"Oh my.. we are in trouble." Said Peter as the captain stood there in shock for a moment before she commanded "Report!"

"Err.. Captain? We still have shields and weapons, but warp drive is offline and impulse is barely up and running."

Bouncing around like he does this sort of thing all the time, which of course, he does, the Doctor says calmly "Well.. perhaps I can give you a tow? I'm not sure I want to be here when they start shooting any more than you do."

"Doctor, do it.. I already know how this ends.. and that would.. fit" Peter says confidently.

After looking at Peter for a moment wondering how this kid he'd picked up only days before knew almost everything about what was going on while he himself knew nothing, the Doctor entered his TARDIS while shouting "Here goes nothing!" with Peter close on his heels.

The TARDIS disappears with it's characteristic vvrroooorping sound and, unusually, left a shower of sparks and a scorch on the Voyager's bridge.

Inside the TARDIS...

The Doctor ran around the central console in his normal frantic fashion as he set up the 'tow' that would allow him to pul the Voyager the short way to safety.

Suddenly he kicks out at his TARDIS and exclaims "Why is the TARDIS not charging, I cannot use this tow unless..." before continuing more quietly "Unless I use the TARDISes raw energy... but that would leave us with hardly any power ourselves..." He suddenly flips another lever with a "Why not" and a shrug.

Inside the Voyager...

"Captain, there's... well... I don't know... there's an unknown energy signature coming from that box Captain."

"Allow it through the shields! I trust him. I don't know why but I do."

"Aye aye Cap'n"