Chapter 2 - Janeway

A few seconds later, Captain Kathryn Janeway entered the bridge through the turbolift while saying “What was so important that you had to..” before she saw the large blue police box in front of the main view screen. “What.. is that? And who.. are you?” she asked looking from the Doctor and Peter to Raynor again.

“Hullo! I’m the Doctor, who are you?” he says with a wink.

“Haven’t you guessed by now, Doctor?” she replies tersely.

Suddenly Peter exclaims “Ohh! I know who you are! This is the Voyager isn’t it? Are we.. wow!”

Captain Janeway looks at Peter with a slightly bemused smile. “How do you happen to know so much while we barely know what’s happened ourselves? I hope you’re not someone we’ll have to fight any time soon.”

Peter taps the Doctors shoulder excitedly “You know where we are, right? This is amazing! I’ve seen so much of.. Oh..”

The captain looked at Peter expectantly, “Please, do go on.” she said waiting for him to collapse under her steely gaze.

The Doctor steps in.. and says with a chuckle “Oh, it’s nothing. This one just watches way to many TV shows about all of.. this..” before muttering “whatever ‘this’ is.”

“Well, I guess you can’t stay in that pokey little box if you’re going to stay. And something is telling me that you are definitely going to stay.” the captain says before tapping her comm’s badge. “Transporter room, beam the box on the bridge to cargo bay 2.”

A blue haze appears around the TARDIS as the Voyager’s transporter tried to beam it away.. “Captain? That box must be bigger than the scanners say it is.. it’s way over mass.. I read.. more than 30,000 tonnes!”

“Are you sure, it’s made out of wood, and it’s tiny! Doctor, how does that.. thing.. weigh more than this ship?”

“Ahh, well..” the Doctor says before scratching his chin for a while, considering the implications of letting the captain into his little secret. “Why don’t you take a look.”

Captain Janeway slowly walks towards the TARDIS as the Doctor opens the doors just enough to be off the latch. Janeway hesitates slightly as she gets within arms length before pushing open the door and walking in. The rest of the crew on the bridge hear a gasp from inside before seeing their captain rush out, and then around, the police box.

“I-it’s…” the captain manages to get out before the Doctor interrupts.

“Yup, it is. But let’s not finish that sentence, the rest of your crew will think you are going crazy.”

The captain enters the TARDIS again. “B-but.. How?” she wonders out loud.

“Oh.. just some multidimensional physics and other.. more complex.. theories.”

Shaking her head in wonder, the captain says “You know, I have several degrees in physics and still barely grasp what you’ve just said. It must be.. very advanced.”

With another chuckle, the Doctor replies “Oh, only for humans.” before  continuing “So what’s the trouble, the old girl” he points a thumb towards the TARDIS “only ever lands me in trouble. There’s never any great shopping, sunsets or food to be had.” He finishes with a sigh.

At this, the lights in the bridge dim and are replaced with a deadly red glow and the sound of warning sirens.

“Captain, we’re under attack!”