The Perfect Guy (Hongjoong)

A/N Hi again! Hope you also enjoy this imagine! It's sort of an appreciation post for our best leader Hongjoong!

You could hear your mum shuffling around from one room to the next making sure the house looked presentable. While she was cleaning, you had been given the task to lay the table for dinner. Normally you wouldn't mind the simple chore of setting the table but it was a dreadful task when your mother invited guests especially the ones that were coming today. Everything had to be perfect otherwise you would never hear the end of it from her.

You lay down the table cloth and straighten it out making sure it was even on all sides. Then you moved on to putting place mats down and putting out enough plates for everyone. You made sure to take out the fancy plates that came in a matching set with the glasses so that it looked extra co-ordinated and neat. Next you took out cutlery and placed a knife, fork and spoon next to each plate, being especially careful to make sure they were all in line. To anyone else these would be minor details but god forbid your mother noticed that one of the forks was further apart than the others she'd go crazy after. You chuckled to yourself after imagining the look on her face and at that moment she walks into the dining room as if she had known you were laughing because of her.

"Y/n, why are you laughing?! Stop wasting time Hongjoong and his mother will be here in ten minutes and I still need your help in the kitchen!," says your mother when she saw you hadn't finished laying the table. You sigh and say, "Sorry, I'll quickly finish up and will join you in the kitchen." Your mother nodded and walked off presumably to take the food out of the oven. You added the finishing touches to the table and followed your mother into the kitchen.

She started taking the food into the dining table and on her way out she tell you, "Y/n, I forgot to cut the salad. Can you do that and then bring it with the rest of the side dishes." You nod and make your way towards the fridge to get out the necessary vegetables. You juggle the carrot, tomato, lettuce and cucumber in one hand and grab a knife with the other. As you begin to slice up the vegetables you hear your mother say from the other room, "Which air freshener should I use y/n, the lavender or the vanilla one?" "Use the vanilla one, the lavender is too strong and always gives me a headache," you reply. You shake your head thinking why she always made such a big deal when she invited Mrs Kim over even though they were very close friends. Scratch that, you knew why but thinking about that would just irritate you so you focused your attention back on preparing the salad.

You began to mix all the cut up vegetables together and add a little dressing for some extra flavor when your mother walked back into the room. As she walked over to inspect the salad she says, "I hope you haven't put olives in there like last time, Hongjoong is allergic to them and you wouldn't want him to have a reaction and end up in the emergency room." Even just the mention of 'perfect' Hongjoong was enough to spark your anger. You gritted your teeth and replied, "No, there isn't any in it." "Good, it would be so embarrassing if you made the same mistake again," Your mother says while sighing. Your about to respond to that comment when the doorbell rings snapping you out of your thoughts. Your mother practically jumps out of the room to answer the door. You quickly set the remaining dishes as well as the salad in the dining room and go to join your mother.

You saw Mrs Kim and Hongjoong walk into the house with your mum greeting the with pleasantries. Mrs Kim smiled at your mum and engaged in small talk before she noticed you had also joined them. When she saw you, she waved you over and said, "Hello y/n, I was wondering where you'd gotten to! It so lovely to see you again," and she engulfed you into a massive hug. You chuckled quietly at her sweet greeting and replied, "It's great to see you again as well!" Then you saw Hongjoong looking at you as if he was waiting for you to greet him. You plastered a fake smile on your face and said, "Hi Hongjoong." He smirked while replying, "Hi y/n. How are you today?" You hear your mother say quietly so only you actually heard, "Wow he's such a gentlemen." The standard was pretty low to be considered a gentlemen in your mothers eyes you thought. You mentally rolled your eyes and replied with, "I'm okay, and you." He replied that he was doing well and then you heard your mother say, "Come on everyone lets go into the dining room and we can chat more. We wouldn't want the food to get cold!"